Bear in mind that Metacritic haven't yet included Pitchfork's review...which is, damning to say the least.

I'm not sold on this album yet, the last one had its moments but these guys are hardly the kings of rock.

At The Drive In >>>> Mars Volta.

i'd have to agree with atdi being better, but they simply have more material to work with. and since the common bond between the two bands are the two most crucial members, i'd say that it's not that either band is better than the other, but rather that omar and cedric > anyone else

these guys are the kings of rock. there is none higher

lets not over exaggerate here. Deloused was barely the jaw dropping opus people made it out to be and frances is just more of the same. ATDI>>Sparta>Mars Volta... You heard it here first.

these guys are the kings of rock. there is none higher

lets not over exaggerate here. Deloused was barely the jaw dropping opus people made it out to be and frances is just more of the same. ATDI>>Sparta>Mars Volta... You heard it here first.

i dont understand why people think sparta are so great. their sound barely changed from what ATDI was. it's no departure whatsoever. they should really just change their name to "the old rhythm section for at the drive-in". because that's what they are.

L'Via L'Viaquez caught my attention as the highlight track after the one listen.

agreed. it has a fantastic groove. maybe that's the wrong word for it... oh well, too late.

it does take awhile for it to all sink in, but the last track is definitely worth it. it took a few listens for me, but i found tha the power that it has is unbelievable. i don't know why, but i like it a lot. i guess just because of how it builds...

just picked up the album today.. it's not as frenetic as de-loused and thus far not as good. and i was under the impression that there would only be 5 songs that you'd be able to switch between, but there are 13

just picked up the album today.. it's not as frenetic as de-loused and thus far not as good. and i was under the impression that there would only be 5 songs that you'd be able to switch between, but there are 13

there are 13 tracks, but only 5 songs.

a disc with 5 songs on it would only be considerred an EP.