no yu begin wher i end

This Guy Sounds Bitter

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar/hall.html

Abstract: The exponential dependence of resistivity on temperature in germanium is found to be a great big lie. My careful theoretical modeling and painstaking experimentation reveal 1) that my equipment is crap, as are all the available texts on the subject and 2) that this whole exercise was a complete waste of my time.

fittedHall.gif

I've never done anything like that, except in a chem lab, where when I did my molar calculations I ended up with more materials than I started out with.

You see this guy is missing the 1 key to any pratical science.

If you do your experment and you get some results that dont quite fit you do 1 of 2 things

1) Fugde the data so they all fit

2) Ignore the data points that dont fit.

If he had just simply followed those 2 rules he would've been happy.

I dunno when I took phsyics 223 last year quite often we'd have linear data except one point that was way out there, so we dropped it and all was good ;)

It also helps sometimes when we would look up the answer first or calc it on paper and work backwards.

Shit in high school I once did a physics lab that way, calced what I should've gotten, added some "statistical variance" and handed it in, lol the teacher made a point of mentioning how much better my data was compared to everyone elses, and how I must've spent a lot more time carefully measuring than everyone else :angry:

Hmmm since some of us feel the need to resort to unfounded sterotypes...

Meh I was going to comment about Brit's teeth but I feel no need to sink to his level.

lol you also gotta love salads argument, he cant come up with anything insightful to say so he makes shit up.

Jam jeez man you're forgetting the magic invisible keystroke that I had to count in you're to make it work.

opps

Two imaginary keystrokes. ur strupid omg

lol look who cant count now

you're has 6 characters in it, for some reason I was counting a shift for the '.

FUCK YOU

seriously how big of a loser are you that you have nothing better to do than go on a forum and nitpick peoples post!?

OMG HE'S USING ABREVIATIONS!

OMG HE MESSED UP HIS COUNTING

OMG HE'S NOT BICHING AT SOMEONE

OMG HE'S BITICHING AT SOMEONE

seriously dude grow the fuck up.

If you'd actually spend time reading my posts instead of just picking shit to rag on, you'll notice that I admited to counting 7 chars in you're.

2/7= .28 which is a lot closer to 1/4 than 1/3, but hey I explained this once to you and you didnt get it so no reason to expect you'll get it again.

Also just as a note I realize all you're doing is trying to troll this forum so Im not going to respond to anymore posts that you direct towards me.

You'll also notice I didnt use any abbrivations cause you seem to be the only person here who cant quite wrap thier brain around them. If you have problems with any of the contractions I used send me a private message and I'll try to explain them to you.

You see this guy is missing the 1 key to any pratical science.

If you do your experment and you get some results that dont quite fit you do 1 of 2 things

1) Fugde the data so they all fit

2) Ignore the data points that dont fit.

If he had just simply followed those 2 rules he would've been happy.

I can tell you in the labs you can get burned really easy if you start doing that crap.

My physics teacher told us about a guy who fudged his numbers during a lab in university. While everyone else in the class got completely messed up results, the guy who did all the calculations to get some good-looking numbers was the one who failed. It turned out that the day their lab was being done, there was some giant machine being run a few floors below that was messing with magnetic fields and such. The professor knew right away that the guy didn't do the lab and he was kicked out.

I've fudged numbers before and they all worked out fine. I only did it after I had actually done the lab, and just needed more "data" to make it seem like I'd done more trials than I actually had.

Meh thats what they tell you, I dont think it ever actually happened.

The only other time I really fudged data was in chem12h when the stopper to our titration tube came out and sprayed myself and my lab partner w/ kmno4. Due to the burning of our skin and the staining of our clothes the teacher said we could use someone elses data. Nice of her.

I went to a shitty high school and in my 11th grade chemistry class we had a shitty shitty teacher I won't go into details but the only lab we did the entire year was mix salt into water. Needless to say we got her fired a short time into the second semester. That's the only chemistry story I have.

We only did two labs in 12th grade chemistry, I don't remember what they were but I do remember we did them in the math room which was definitely not a chemistry lab.

And people wonder how I got stuck in the arts department...