sean_carver

Much Music Sucks!

Just tell me if this is all just in my mind but, i can't stand to even flick by much music now. its terrible!!! the v.j's don't know shit about music now! like that little ferry who prances around wearing a scarf holding the mic up to someone you just know doesn't wanna be talking to him. i HATE that little blonde bastard! now that George is gone, its gone to crap...everything is mainstream rap (every stream of rap sucks) and pop puck (simple plan, good charlotte). could some just back me up here and tell me im not going outta my mind!

i haven't watched much music since i went to school but if i did i would probably agree. everything is mainstream now and nobody wants to take a chance playing a band that someone hasnt heard of or music that maybe might make a difference. if its not top 40 then its automatically not good enough?

I used to watch Much frequently. Now i feel the same as you...it's all shit!!! All the same music over and over and over and over and over. And all the same BAD music over and over and over and over. George was the only VJ who had some brains (because he spoke his mind) and taste in music.

Back when i was first getting into music I was dependant upon Much Music to introduce me to the bands out there. I credit them for helping me find MGB and F11 which has been my lifeline ever since. It's all I had because I came from a small town and I had no other way of knowing what's out there. The sad part is that with this change from showcasing up and coming bands along with the bands that were known already to just top 40 shit means that there's a generation of kids who aren't going to be exposed to any decent music. This crap is all that they're going to know and sooner or later real bands with real talent are going to be completely phased out (its already starting) because the kids won't know any better.

Think about the children!!!!

I am getting old ;)

its MTV but shittier if that's possible. They even play shows that are identical to MTV shows if not directly from MTV. I would like MM much better if they would come up with some original programming and some original concepts.

As for the VJ's I don't think there's any way around the whole under 25/nice tits things. Sex sells.

I guess the next big fad is Bashing Much Music now.

Give me a fucking break, they still play some good stuff. Besides how do you expect them to stay on the air if they're not playing mainstream stuff, thats the whole point of the station.

Get over yourselves, it's not the late 90's anymore, new music comes and goes, a music you love will be back mainstream again one day. Just be patient.

Give me a fucking break, they still play some good stuff. Besides how do you expect them to stay on the air if they're not playing mainstream stuff, thats the whole point of the station.

Get over yourselves, it's not the late 90's anymore, new music comes and goes, a music you love will be back mainstream again one day. Just be patient.

Holy shit dude. Much DOES suck now. I'm surprised anyone saw and music on there to compare it to it's former self with. To be fair, it has always played mainstream music, but now it offers less chances to see different stuff due to all the time they waste on thier shitty reality shows. I watch Mcuh to see music videos, not what MTV is showing.

George and Bradford were the coolest.

Muchmusic blows now, for both content and VJ reasons.

Bradford How was terrible, he just acted like a little kid the whole time. That was the beginning of the turn around.

Doesn't every generation say the next generations music is crap? Is it the music station or the people listening to it?

I think that gettting old is definitely part of it. Much is playing shitty shows now though, anyone who remembers a time before MuchMoreMusic can attest. THAT was the true turn around, I believe. Removing the grown-up material and making the channel blatantly teen-oriented left more room for filler crap. This affects both stations, in my opinion.

Give me a fucking break, they still play some good stuff.  Besides how do you expect them to stay on the air if they're not playing mainstream stuff, thats the whole point of the station.

Get over yourselves,  it's not the late 90's anymore, new music comes and goes, a music you love will be back mainstream again one day.  Just be patient.

Holy shit dude. Much DOES suck now. I'm surprised anyone saw and music on there to compare it to it's former self with. To be fair, it has always played mainstream music, but now it offers less chances to see different stuff due to all the time they waste on thier shitty reality shows. I watch Mcuh to see music videos, not what MTV is showing.

Does no one on here ever watch The Wedge, Going Coastal, or The New Music at all? ;)

Does no one on here ever watch The Wedge, Going Coastal, or The New Music at all? ;)

I was about to say that. Those are the only shows worth watching on Much now, with the exception of One Hit Wonders, for a stupid laugh every now and then. It's cool seeing all the indie bands from Montreal on The Wedge, especially when you know them personally.

the new music, the wedge and so 90s (and loud sometimes) are all pretty good programming i think. so 90s isnt on anymore, but that's more because it was a show on the 90s, it could only go on for so long.

as far as the vjs go, sarah taylor and hannah sung are pretty good. they arent incompetent like rick is. watching him do interviews with rock bands is painful. and i used to hate jennifer hollet, but she does all the serious political stuff that matters now, so theres no way i can hate her. matte babel is horrible and so is that new blonde chick.