Kayriss

Canada Marijuana Laws

What should Canada's Action be on Marijuana Law Reform?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should Canada's Action be on Marijuana Law Reform?

• Decriminalization/Grow-Op Crackdown
    • Full Legalization
    • Tougher Laws on all Marijuana Offences
    • Change Nothing

I'm sure that if marijuana was studied as closely as tobacco, and grown under similar conditions, it would be found to cause just as many different kinds of cancer.

Marijuana has been proven to have great potential in the treatment of suffers of conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis.

Stop talking out of your ass, mang.

For the record my mother has MS and my family has researched the benifits of marijuana quiet extensively. There is not much real benifit other than its use as a pain killer and it helps deal with depression in some cases. Bee stings are much more effective as a treatment for actual symtems, although they are not useful in many types of MS.

My only point was that Marijuana is not a viable replacement for cigaretes, it is no better for the average person. Making it illegal to the public does not mean you make it illegal to those who it actaully helps as a pain killer or experimental treatment.

No i don't imagine that this has much relavence to many peolpe.

If you use it now you will when it is leagal (although i'm sure it will cost you a lot more). If you dont use it now i dont imagine it being legal would make you any more likely to start seeing as its not exactly hard to get marijuana now. If its not made legal well then nothing changes at all.

what kind of "harm" would a bunch of stoned hippies do, "matt"?

eat all your chips?

OMFG THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END

The same harm drunks can do, the same harm others can do too, without knowledge that they're doing it because they're under the influence of pot.

Edited by Matt

what kind of "harm" would a bunch of stoned hippies do, "matt"?

eat all your chips?

OMFG THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END

The same harm drunks can do, the same harm others can do too, without knowledge that they're doing it because they're under the influence of pot.

what are you even talking about?

pot doesn't make you forget who you are or what you're doing or that there's a road you're supposed to stay on or anything LIKE that.. i don't know what you've heard about it, but i get the feeling you've been misinformed.

Being a person that uses pot for medicinal purposes, yeah I know people think that's probably bull shit.

Since I don't qualify for the marijuana card thing unless I have cancer, MS, or I have 12 months to live.

Marijuana helps me eat because of its ability to increase hunger. It also helps eliminate some nausea or all of it.

I think they should lower the ability to get it medicinally. If you really do have some disease that causes nausea besides cancer, then you might benefit from it.

But after what happened recently, I don’t even think people are going to consider anything about lowering the laws.

I'm fairly sure it won't happen, but this shouldn't really be taken into consideration. The grow op was just the instigator...marijuana didn't kill four RCMP officers - the nutcase who pulled the trigger killed them. The same thing could have happened just as easily with a police raid of any nature.

Thank you.

There are grow-ops everywhere. Last summer the cops busted a huge operation in a nearby suburb area where i live. It was a nice neighbourhood too. These druglords just bought a whole bunch of houses and grew marijuana in them. Nobody lived in them.

Anyways, not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I don't smoke it, and i don't want to smell this shit wherever i go. It stinks worse than cigarettes. In fact, there should be more police action to stop people from "smoking and driving". That can be just as dangerous as drinking & driving.

They should encourage a little more education about it to young people. Besides, just telling you not to do it because it’s bad. Don't do any drugs because they are bad. At least say if you decide to here are some things you should know.

Be in a good environment with people you know.

Make sure you know where you get it and who it is. You never get pot from random people on the street.

Someone could slip in a drug you don’t want.

Don’t do drugs and alcohol at the same time.

Stuff like that.

I say that it's a good idea to keep it illegal because the government shouldn't encourage smoking pot.

don't you mean "government"?

legalizing it isn't gonna encourage anyone that isn't already smoking to start smoking. and IF it did, it wouldn't be enough people to make a shit anyway.

if they legalized it would YOU start smoking?

I say that it's a good idea to keep it illegal because the government shouldn't encourage smoking pot.

don't you mean "government"?

legalizing it isn't gonna encourage anyone that isn't already smoking to start smoking. and IF it did, it wouldn't be enough people to make a shit anyway.

if they legalized it would YOU start smoking?

I think that it actually would increase by a large amount. I choose not to smoke as I have no interest in supporting those types of people. But if it were legal, then I probably would.

That being said, I don't think large amounts of people taking up dope smoking is a bad thing. I'd rather have a bunch of high people hanging around thatn drunk people. They're quieter, mellower, too lazy too fight, and usually in a good mood.

I think that Canada could benefit from legalizing it, and I think it's on the way, but there are still many problems to address besides just US reaction.

Driving high is 100x easier than driving drunk.

According to my friends...

That's a load of crap. Driving high is just as stupid as driving drunk. And anyone who does it is a piece of shit.

And ecnarf, I stated in my comment that if it was legal, I may smoke a bit from time to time. And I don't think I'm the only one.

There are many people that don't smoke it simply because it is illegal. If it became legal, it would be much more accesible. Many people that maybe do it on occasion because their friend's have some, could now easily get it on their own as much as they want.

Also, people will then be smoking in the open and everyone will just have so much more access to it. And if the government suddenly says something's okay, then yes, people will be more likely to try it.

I'm not saying the increase would last indefinitely, but there would be a large increase.

That's a load of crap.  Driving high is just as stupid as driving drunk.  And anyone who does it is a piece of shit.

no it isn't, it's not even the same thing.

alcohol and pot don't have the same effects on a person because they are not the same thing.

and you just called like everyone i know a piece of shit

so i'm gonna send you a list of names and i expect apologies to them all.

and i still don't agree that making it legal is gonna make that many people smoke it that wouldn't have in the first place. cigarettes are legal, and that doesn't make people smoke them if they don't want to smoke. pot is no different. making it legal isn't gonna make people that don't want to smoke smoke, period.

Goddamn! A guy takes off for two days and my poll topic explodes. Better than the monarchy one. I'm going to throw my hat into the Decrim ring, for the reason that it's a step in the right direction, and that legalization is an unrealistically large step to try to take, considering how some conservative Canadians (who are still Canadians)feel about it. I mean, it's their country too.

However, i'm glad that in this country, even the conservative party favours decriminalization. I think that Legalization will or could come in time, but people are too freaked out to completely endorse it right now.

And the legalization thing is Alberta's idea? What the hell planet am I on? One thing that I fear is a rise in far right conservatism, as is seen in the Dutch underground with neo-fascists and the like getting people antsy that their government has turned their country into some kind of mad experiment in liberalism.

That's a load of crap.  Driving high is just as stupid as driving drunk.  And anyone who does it is a piece of shit.

no it isn't, it's not even the same thing.

alcohol and pot don't have the same effects on a person because they are not the same thing.

and you just called like everyone i know a piece of shit

so i'm gonna send you a list of names and i expect apologies to them all.

and i still don't agree that making it legal is gonna make that many people smoke it that wouldn't have in the first place. cigarettes are legal, and that doesn't make people smoke them if they don't want to smoke. pot is no different. making it legal isn't gonna make people that don't want to smoke smoke, period.

I think legalizing it would see more people smoking it. There are many people who don't smoke it simply because it is illegal. However, I'm not sure how long it would last. I'm sure many more people would try it, but I don't necessarily think it would create more frequent users, because you're right, MOST people who want to do it, do. And once again, I do think it's a good idea to legalize it.

And I'll never apologize for calling people who drive high pieces of shit. I never said alcohol and pot were the same, I know how alcohol affects one and I know how pot does. And as JM pointed out, they both affect your judgement. No one should be driving when they're high!

So, once again, people who drive drunk or high are pieces of shit. If you want to send me a list of names, please include email addresses so I can personally email each one of you piece of shit friends and call them pieces of shit personally.

There are many people who don't smoke it simply because it is illegal.

I actually think you'd be hard pressed to find someone. They smoke it because they enjoy it, or they don't because they don't.

I don't smoke it because it's illegal. I don't want to support the people who run said business. If it was government controlled, then I would probably smoke a bit. I know other. It's a moral issue for me, it's not just the fact that it's illegal, but the fact of who it supports.

So, once again, people who drive drunk or high are pieces of shit. If you want to send me a list of names, please include email addresses so I can personally email each one of you piece of shit friends and call them pieces of shit personally.

the worst thing someone that's driving while they're stoned is gonna do is maybe make a wrong turn or drive too SLOW.

how many cases of "stoned driving" have you heard about?

as for supporting people that sell pot.. you act like we're talking about crack or something. it's POT, man. big difference.

and stop calling my friends shit, you ass.