Kayriss

Canada Marijuana Laws

What should Canada's Action be on Marijuana Law Reform?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should Canada's Action be on Marijuana Law Reform?

• Decriminalization/Grow-Op Crackdown
    • Full Legalization
    • Tougher Laws on all Marijuana Offences
    • Change Nothing

But drunk driving can kill people!

You're twisting my argument.

but he has a point.

come on, pearanoid.. defend alcohol.

i dare you.

Just go back and read my posts.

I am all for legalizing pot. I think if it's monitored the same way as alcohol, then it can work. But someone came along and said that it's okay to drive high. And I said no it's not.

It's not okay to drive drunk either. Even worse I'd say. And my reasons for not smoking pot are back there too. I drink. I like beer. But I'm not stupid and I don't drive if I've been drinking.

Of course he has a point, and it goes right along with all my points. You know it, you're just trying to get a rise out of me. Satisfied?

why would i try to get a rise out of you?

i like you, you retard.

Don't you Americans hate us Canadians just as much as the French now?

i don't hate the french or you hosers, but i can't really speak for anyone else in this country.

now can i get you to stay on topic? jesus.

;)

well marijuana is safer in that you can't O.D. on it, and you're less likely to smash into another car while using it.

What about choking on your own vomit? Can u vomit on pot? And can you buy marijuana it glass bottles, so can you smash the bottle and use it as a weapon in a bar-fight. bwahahaha!

Well you could smash a bong and use it. But that would be fruitless really.

On topic, I'm all for the decriminalization of small amounts, at least. In an ideal world, let the government control it like they do with booze. The only problem being, the lack of a test for high drivers. There isn't one comparable to the breathalizer/alcohol blood count for marijuana. At least not that I'm aware of. And while it may be safer than drunk driving, it probably isn't the best idea to have potheads driving around.

On topic, I'm all for the decriminalization of small amounts, at least. In an ideal world, let the government control it like they do with booze. The only problem being, the lack of a test for high drivers. There isn't one comparable to the breathalizer/alcohol blood count for marijuana. At least not that I'm aware of.

You check for the scent of fried chicken and listen for Dark Side Of The Moon.

On topic, I'm all for the decriminalization of small amounts, at least. In an ideal world, let the government control it like they do with booze. The only problem being, the lack of a test for high drivers. There isn't one comparable to the breathalizer/alcohol blood count for marijuana. At least not that I'm aware of.

You check for the scent of fried chicken and listen for Dark Side Of The Moon.

i don't really know about the fried chicken.. i think that's more of a black thing

What the fuck is a 'biscuit?'

Marijuana is as harmless as an intoxicant can be. No hang over, no violence, and it's not all that addictive, so let's legalize it.

What the fuck is a 'biscuit?'

Marijuana is as harmless as an intoxicant can be. No hang over, no violence, and it's not all that addictive, so let's legalize it.

what the fuck are you talking about?

you don't know what a biscuit is? i don't believe you, liar.

well here's my late introduction into the dabate.

First of all, Canada will never, and you can underscore never, legalize pot. Treaty's have been signed with other countries and full legalization would cause serious trade problems with some of our major trading partners, mainly the US.

What can, and I believe eventually will happen, is the de-criminalization of pot. This is the only way for Canada to allow people to smoke pot and not send them to jail without pissing off the rest of the world. If you notice the article posted on page 2 of this discussion, it mentions how the netherlands have de-criminalized pot. This basically allows users to grow or purchase very small amounts for personal use only. The government doesn't get a big tax cut, and they can't get a tax cut unless it is legalized, which it will never be.

Laws will be changed so that Police Officers no longer have to arrest people who smoke and possess small amount of pot. People buying, selling or growing large amounts will be punished more severely.

That's the way I see things. And I'm not even going to start into the smoking and driving debate.