Moonlight_Graham

This Is The Wost Time In Music Ever!

You're all probably right, i'm not looking hard enough. But i guess thats sorta my point. In my last sentence, i said "DAMN YOU RECORD COMPANIES!". So i know good music is out there, but most people just don't hear it because the record companies don't sign them and/romote them. And most radio/TV doesn't play them.

And Sedated, you are right, i'm a bit older (24) so i'm not as much into the mainstream stuff. But hell i'm not an old fogey, and i wasn't into most of the mainstream crap when i was 17 either.

All of this just sucks because i don't want to have to work my ass off just to find some good new music.

The major record labels, large movie studios, major networks, and major publishers all prey on people too lazy to search out quality. Thats the way things are going to be for the forseeable future.

The fact of the matter is there exists top quality music of any genre. However, that music is rarely released mainstream.

I have to recommend the Beatles, because if you haven't listened to an album of theirs, not just the singles, you are missing out. I started with Rubber Soul and worked my way up. Revolver is wonderful. Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour are both interesting, I prefer MMT.

The White Album is possibly my favourite, and a good one if you are looking for variety. A great, great rock album. Still, though, it has some filler to get around. I generally listen to disc 1 the most.

Abbey Road is, in my opinion, for you only if you've listened to some of their other records first, but I may be wrong. I love it. The medley is heavenly.

Their final album, Let it Be, should be heard in the 'Naked' version with the grey cover. The original release was soiled by Phil Spector's over production, whereas 'Naked' keeps the orignal intent of the album, which was to be raw, and with no overdubs.

Just my opinion, but seriously, do not brush them off. I find that people my age are ignoring the Beatles or brushing them off as 'overrated' based on songs they've heard on the radio all their lives. The non-singles are where some of the best finds are, you just have to take the time to look.

Please check them out if you haven't.

Edited by CaptainRocket

there is good music now, and yes it is underground, i think the point is that is the god ol days, Zep, and the Stones, AC/DC and metallica were HUGE and good at the same time. that was of course before the wonderful world of overproducing came into play.

as far as radio goes, yeah edge 102 is prolly one of the best. i have not heard much better.

i came here too late.

you can never go wrong with the beatles....but you can get bored...

When you have a father who thinks the beatles are insatiably cool...they get annoying

maybe he feels the same way about matt good. who cares

They suck.

no they don't

they aren't the best band i've ever heard but i can think of a million things worse, and at least they don't sound like everyone else, which seems to be the really coolest thing to do ever

Edited by mrs jesus

i read the first page.

good music is still out there. the mainstream is generally crap though...

just dig a bit deeper.

and the edge is so generic it's sick. don't even talk to me about it.

and yes, alan cross is the only good thing about that station.

their morning show is pathetically juvenile...

Their final album, Let it Be, should be heard in the 'Naked' version with the grey cover. The original release was soiled by Phil Spector's over production, whereas 'Naked' keeps the orignal intent of the album, which was to be raw, and with no overdubs.

Just a little info you might not know, "Let It Be" was the last one released, but not the last one recorded. Abbey Road is actually considered the final Beatles album.

As for "Naked", its more the McCartney cut of the album, not to say it isnt good or anything.

as for the actual topic of this thread, there is great music being released. maybe your just lazy mate?

Every decade in music since the 60's has been more or less inferior to the one that preceded it, and this one is proving to be no exception. That said, there's still more than enough great music to go around. If I can make a list of my favourite 50 albums from last year, and love them all, I'm sure you can find at least 10 you'll like.

Every decade in music since the 60's has been more or less inferior to the one that preceded it, and this one is proving to be no exception. That said, there's still more than enough great music to go around. If I can make a list of my favourite 50 albums from last year, and love them all, I'm sure you can find at least 10 you'll like.

well, get started, sweets.