Mouko

Weapon

I have no idea if anybody else has them figured out, but I decided to copy out the letters to 'Pat', and try and decipher their meanings. Here we go:

1. Pat,

Couldn't sleep again last night. It's been like that lately, don't know why really. Haven't really been bothered by it for a while, so it's back to the ceiling watch and the numbers and the remembrances of fates I've lost. Why do I do that do you suppose? Just like I think of you.

2. Pat,

There's no way to know where to go from here. It seems to me I've been thinking about it all these years you've been gone, like there was some big mystery out there coming for me. But the longer I sit here and wait for it the more I realise that it's never going to be the same. That it was up to me to go and dispel the myth of it myself, that having realised that, it's like my feet are stuck in cement and I can't move. You know Chris has kids now, a boy and a girl and you'd love them. Fairer than we were when we were little. I look at them and think that maybe Chris had it figured out a long time ago. That he went searching and figured out that there's just some old man behind a curtain pulling ropes and levers. Sometimes I want to ask him about it, but I can't bring myself to do it. What would he think I wonder? Who would be the failure then?

I did the same thing the first time I saw the video.

All I know is that Matt had a big problem with insomnia. It may be real or imagined but I think I remember reading a manifesto or letter from Matt saying how good his life was going and that the insomnia had gone away. This first letter seems to show it was short-lived.

The second letter, I'm not sure first off who Pat is, a family member, friend, man or woman?

It seems very self reflective. Almost like poetry.