Sign in to follow this  
Radiohead

Whose Loseranthems Has The Lowest Number?

Mine is 01919 which is also the year that WWI ended.

Coincidence? I think not.

WW1 ended at 11:11 Nov 11, 1918

FYI

Nevermind, Radiohead beat me to it.

Edited by HoboFactory

I believe that in order for a war to be decided a treaty must be signed. The Treaty of Versailles was drafted and signed in May and June of 1919.

Nice try guys.

Well then you better write those thousands of historians and tell them to change all their works so as to suit your opinion.

Are you telling me that the Treaty of Versailles wasn't officailly signed on June 28, 1919?

What I'm saying is that most people cite the end of WWI as being in 1918 and don't have the opinion that it takes an eventually diasterous treaty to be signed.

Well I like to wait until an event ends before I declare it "over". Perhaps thats just me.

And what does the fact that it was "diasterous" have to do with anything.

It being disasterous is just a neat sidenote I suppose, or maybe a treaty shouldn't be cited as having ended a war if it didn't work, and especially if it began a war that proved to be many times worse.

When the fighting is done, that's when a war is over, when one of the sides surrenders.

The harsh treaty did not the main cause of WWII, it was one of a numerous amount of factors and most historians agree that the war could have been avoided inspite of the Treaty of Versailles.

And by your definition, Poles will tell you that WWII ended in 1939.

For the Poles, it was over in 1939 and they'd lost. And it had yet to begin for other countries. For example many American historians do argue that WWII began in 1941 because that is the year in which the USA entered the war.

yay wars that happened before any of us were born!!!1

;)

For example many American historians do argue that WWII began in 1941 because that is the year in which the USA entered the war.

You have got to be joking me. Americans may be egotistical, but anyone with intellegence, as a historian should be, would never make such an absurd statement.

Wars begin with an official declaration and end with an official treaty. It is the way organized bodies determine the difference between, war, rebellion, and terrorism.

For example, in the American Revolution, the battles of Lexington and Concord were viewed as acts of rebellion because they occured in 1775, as were all other battles until they declared war as a soveriegn body in 1776.

All I said was American historians do in fact argue that absurd as it may be, not that I agree.

But enough on this, how about that Loser Anthems, I sure wish I had a copy.

#09268. I read somewhere that if you pre-ordered it online, the numbers were randomly distributed.

I was wrong, My friends Loser Anthems is Number 12.

14161 (i think thats the exact #). A few weeks after it was released i went to the store to grab & they were sold out. Finally found my copy a few years later in a Toronto HMV that had like a zillion of them.

I'm kicking myself now, i paid 40$ for L.A.'s on ebay just before x-mas. I should have just looked in Toronto for it first, i bet it wouln't be extremely hard to find.

I am up at 17409, which is good casue i just found it one day befroe I was a big matthew good fan

ID3 tags don't have numbers, sadly.

Edited by ecnarf

I have 2 copies:

One is 16093 and the other is 01332.

I'll buy one off of you...

I don't know what mine is because the cover was destroyed in a small flood from a plant. The CD is fine, but sadly the booklet was ended. Oh well.