Interpol is from New York.

and Shirly is the only "British" link in Garbage. If you want to get technical, she is Irish.

Actually, she's scottish, but thanks for playing along at home. ;)

If you guys are actually interested in listening to a good band, the new Bloc Party album Silent Alarm hit stores tuesday. It's probably the best release so far this year. Although I'm sure i'll be disagreed with vehemently...

If you guys are actually interested in listening to a good band, the new Bloc Party album Silent Alarm hit stores tuesday. It's probably the best release so far this year. Although I'm sure i'll be disagreed with vehemently...

Actually, I totally agree. Though I do feel it'll be a real fuckin' disappointing year if Silent Alarm actually ends up on top.

British artists who've released good albums over the past few years:

Bark Pyychosis

Bloc Party

Franz Ferdinand

Doves

The Streets

Clinic

Dizzee Rascal

Super Furry Animals

Basement Jaxx

Boards of Canada

Delgados

Radiohead

Hood

Also, the UK has a lot of interesting music coming out of the Grime scene. Something which, at first, I tried to avoid. But after having a few really cool singles thrown my way, I've begun to pay a little more attention to what's going on in Grime (apart from Dizzee Rascal).

Edited by ratetimestime

if your into checking out some "dated" stuff, may i suggest

Pulp

Suede

The Stone Roses

Happy Mondays

The Inspiral Carpets

Ride

Ocean Colour Scene

The Verve

all the Blur and Oasis albums should be owned by everyone

Spiritualized

solo Morrissey is very underrated

and if you want to go REAL far back

Gang Of Four

Wire

The Clash

Echo and the Bunnymen

The Cure

Joy Division

Buzzcocks

Stiff Little Fingers

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm. Best album of the year from anywhere, and incredible live act. saw them last month in Edinburgh, first night of nthe tour and they were just immense.

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment. I'm biased coz i've been following the KAisers for a good while now and seeing them in Glasgow in 2 weeks, but this album is very very good. I was expecting it to be better than Bloc Party, but Bloc Party have simply set the bar for this years albums FAR too high for ppl to reach let alone surpass.

Ocean Colour Scene - A Hyperactive Workout For The Flying Squad. A band that's somehow been missed off all lists of bands so far, which surprises me. probabvly the best british band in trecent years, and have been consistently good from album 1 and obviosuly took ove the british music scene with Mosely Sholes, one of the best albums anyone can own. This new album tho is classic Ocena Colour Scene and some of their best work in a while (even though it's all been good). Definately recommend picking up.

And my little list of British bands worth checking out...

22-20's

Thirteen Senses

Dogs Die In Hot Cars

Doces

Athlete

The Libertines

Razorlight

and random bands you should just listen to if you don't already...

Marah

Bright Eyes

as i'm going further and further off topic anyway, i'll also throw in that the new albums from Lifehouse and Dishwalla are both very VERY good.

later!

I am a huge fan of Muse but I can't stop listening to this band called Mew. They are incredible. I also like Hope of The States. Check out Mew first. There music is very atmospheric.

No good british bands since Oasis...

don't agree with you ;)

many new bands (just two of them: Muse, which rocks live; and Hope of the States, which are simply great) have shown up lately which - in my opinion - are pretty good

If you like Snow Patrol and Coldplay, it's likely that you'll like Athlete too.

They're all too wet for my liking though.

And Mew are Danish...to whoever brought them up.

That means they're from Denmark. ;)

Edited by BritSavant