Anyone ever hear of Wintersleep? Simply amazing band, one of my favorites out there today (second only to Matt Good i suppose! ;)) These guys are from Halifax i believe, i saw them play at UCCB a few weeks back, simply incredible. go to there site and give these guys a listen (you get redirect, and you need realplayer i think)

http://www.wintersleep.com

Worth the listen!

EDIT-Also, Kary is another band well worth a listen (they have sort of a Tool style to them). Kary however is sadly dead, but luckily all is not in vain, as several members of Kary have formed Wintersleep!

Edited by .jeffrey.

so in the late nineties i was very into the canadian music scene with like rusty, the hip, the sandbox, headstones, i mother earth, moist, econoline crush, even chantal kreviachuk....anybody now the scoop on these bands...i know i'm forgetting a shitload of bands i dug from my muchmusic days soi'll prob. be asking a question like this again.

Rusty - Long since broken up...word was that the vocalist Ken MacNeil was going solo...well he went solo...so low we cou.....never mind.

The Hip - Still going strong. New album came out 2 days ago...first single Vaccination Scar is ok. Never was too much into them.

Sandbox - Same as Rusty. Broke up.

Headstones - Had a new album a few years back that didn't sell...check your local McDonald's for current bandmember status.

I Mother Earth - Quiksilver Meat Dream was released in April of 2003....didn't sell exceptionally well. Still with Edwin's replacement Ryan or Brian whatever his name is.

Moist - Broke up officially I believe. David Usher's cd Hallucinations didn't sell as well as Morning Orbit. Not using sales to determine talent or quality of record....just a fact. I liked Morning Orbit more personally. What Mark or any of the other guys are up to is anyone's guess.

Econoline Crush - Defunct. Last album was a loooong time ago and no new dates or info regarding anyone in the band...www.econolinecrush.com has been sold to someone else apparently...never a good sign of a glorious comeback.

Chantal Kreviazuk - Still married to Raine Maida...probably still going to tour and record...just helped produce Avril Lavigne's new album if I remember correctly.