.jeffrey.

Requiem for a Dream

infection is one thing, amputation is another.

You'd have to infect a vital artery to necessitate amputation. The kind of infection he had, you can't get from just using a dirty needle or whatever. And yes, an 'open wound' would do it, but on the other hand, a needle point is hardly an open wound, even a repeatedly used needle in approximately the same spot (i somehow doubt he managed to find the same hole every time, a little impossible). It would shut too fast (probably a couple of hours if that) before one could actually perpetually keep it open. That is why you can walk around after a vaccination.

Even if there is SOME merit to that scene, the insane-asylum scene was absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by darko

have you ever known any drug addicts? ever done drugs yourself? you can pick it apart all you want, but it IS a movie, so it's not supposed to be exactly like real life. as a whole, the movie is pretty fucking realistic if you've ever lived that kind of lifestyle, though.

thus the "I liked it until the last twenty minutes".

If you're going to criticize me, at least fully read my messages. I enjoyed it, because yes, it is realistic, until the end when I think the writer ran out of ideas.

thus the "I liked it until the last twenty minutes".

If you're going to criticize me, at least fully read my messages. I enjoyed it, because yes, it is realistic, until the end when I think the writer ran out of ideas.

maybe you should learn what criticism is before you go around accusing me of it

i don't criticize anyone, that's preposterous

Haha.

If your lives are really that dry that you need to sit there and patronize someone who didn't (God forbid) agree with your opinion, I say go for it.

PS: There's a fairly large distinction between the hallucination of the fridge and the intended seriousness of the end that was not at all probable. But, I should stop, before one of the ten year olds hanging out at this post decide to make fun of me more.

Haha.

If your lives are really that dry that you need to sit there and patronize someone who didn't (God forbid) agree with your opinion, I say go for it.

PS: There's a fairly large distinction between the hallucination of the fridge and the intended seriousness of the end that was not at all probable. But, I should stop, before one of the ten year olds hanging out at this post decide to make fun of me more.

i'm 11, asshole

infection is one thing, amputation is another.

You'd have to infect a vital artery to necessitate amputation. The kind of infection he had, you can't get from just using a dirty needle or whatever. And yes, an 'open wound' would do it, but on the other hand, a needle point is hardly an open wound, even a repeatedly used needle in approximately the same spot (i somehow doubt he managed to find the same hole every time, a little impossible). It would shut too fast (probably a couple of hours if that) before one could actually perpetually keep it open. That is why you can walk around after a vaccination.

Even if there is SOME merit to that scene, the insane-asylum scene was absolutely ridiculous.

I'm confused then...because my mother had to have several operations on her leg and eventually she got a staff infection... and she had to have both of them amputated after a while... I dont recall a word about the main artery.. I could be wrong there but yeah... who knows... either way.. the movie really wasn't that bad.. yes they got what was coming to them that was the whole fucking point...