Ozzwald

The Matt Good Interview

What did you think of the Matt Good Interview for Near Fantastica.com's first anniversary?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the Matt Good Interview for Near Fantastica.com's first anniversary?

• Great!
    • Yeah, it was pretty good
    • So-So (It could have been better)
    • Ho-Hum (I don't really care)
    • I thought it sucked

I liked it....quite a bit actually. I thought the vast majority of the questions were intelligent & very un-fanboyish. So congratulations to those of you who posed those questions & to Crusader(?) for chosing those to put to Matt.

Matt's replies for the most part were concise, but honest & direct. I thought he could have elaborated more on a few of them, but I was actually quite stoked to read this. It was a wonderful insight into someone that we all respect & admire greatly. So thanks to Matt for taking the time to answer them & of course to all those behind the questions! Great job people!

...That said, for me healthy debate does not consist of two polar opposites refusing to budge....

That's actually what a debate is though. This just confirms to me that as long as people agree with everything Matthew Good says then he will not flip out.

I'm sorry. I mean, I was really glad that I got 2 questions on there, but pissed that I got one line answers. I know he doesn't have to answer them, I know that he did an interview at all is very cool, but if he's going to do the interview, he could at least give me the time of day. When asked about the possibility of a live album, I got

"They cost money to make."

When asked what his thoughts were about about "Audio of Being" getting voted your best album/favorite album on this site, I got

"If people dig it then that’s fine with me."

Wow, thanks a fucking lot Matt. Glad I took the time to think of thoughtful, intelligent questions for you. Next time i'll just ask what your favorite colour is, or what's your sign. Then when I can actually expect single sentence answers, I won't be dissappointed.

Edited by Kayriss

I'm sorry. I mean, I was really glad that I got 2 questions on there, but pissed that I got one line answers. I know he doesn't have to answer them, I know that he did an interview at all is very cool, but if he's going to do the interview, he could at least give me the time of day. When asked about the possibility of a live album, I got

Translation = No. What more do you want? He's said in the past that he wouldn't release a live record and that he's all for the exchange of bootlegs.

When asked what his thoughts were about about "Audio of Being" getting voted your best album/favorite album on this site, I got

Again, what else would you like him to say?

Wow, thanks a fucking lot Matt. Glad I took the time to think of thoughtful, intelligent questions for you. Next time i'll just ask what your favorite colour is, or what's your sign. Then when I can actually expect single sentence answers, I won't be dissappointed.

crying_baby.gif

I think you're maybe being a little sensitive. You're "thoughtful, intelligent" questions are the same topics people have been tossing around here for months.

Everyone knows he doesn't like Audio of Being and he doesn't care if other people like it. What did you expect?

And as for the live album question, that's a yes or no question, he gave you much more than a "No". He even gave you a reason.

If you want big answers, ask big questions that require big answers. And stop whinning and go listen to "Free Downloading Blues".

Gimme a Break. The damn poll asks what we thought of the interview, and I was dissappointed with the answeres I got. Maybe I just wanted to feel like he took more than 10 seconds to answer a question that I re-worded a couple of times to make it coherant, and was looking forward to getting an answer to.

Are you somehow saying i'm not dissappinted with the answers I got? That I shouldn't be? Go to hell. I am. Don't tear me a new one because of it. Why are people so insistant on putting down other people's opinions just because they can on here.

So i'll whine on this thing all I want, because hell, thats what everybody does. Thats my expert opinion. What did you expect?

Please don't reply to this, I don't want to get pulled into another bullshit bored arguement - you won't get a response.

You had to re-word THOSE questions to make them coherent? Your questions posed one word responses. Deal with it.

Are you somehow saying i'm not dissappinted with the answers I got? That I shouldn't be? Go to hell. I am. Don't tear me a new one because of it. Why are people so insistant on putting down other people's opinions just because they can on here.

So no one should be allowed to point out your whining over the interview, but bitching over Matt's responses is fair game?

Anger management, dear.

Please don't reply to this, I don't want to get pulled into another bullshit bored arguement - you won't get a response.

Translation = I can't back up my childish demeanor.

Edited by C-Bacon

I liked it, i liked most of the questions, they were pretty intelligent and well asked, specially remembering what most of us, his fans, would've asked him if we had had the opportunity

thanx for the inteview!

Just be happy that he took time to answer questions, emokid.

What more do you want? Live album? It's too expensive. What do you want?

Kayriss: "What ever happened to the talk of a live album?"

Matthew Good: "Well, i am so very sorry Kayriss, but the monetary sum which would need to be brought forth far exceeds that of which i can realistically put into the production of said venture."

Would that have meade you happy?

Personally, i was glad that he's still feeling musical, but i was perplexed, as to why he cannot wear contacts.