Dan #2

Hopeless Live

you mean by speech intro the phone ringing? or something else?

I have no problem if people don't wish to use the hub, I'm not hear just to promote it or anything just answer any questions if people feel like asking such things.

I was caught off gaurd and throught NF$ were actually real deposits and such at first.

ETA: Couldn't care less if it's faster, I get my material from the source anyhow.

We'd never sell the tracks for money. NF$ are just here to control bandwidth.

you mean by speech intro the phone ringing? or something else?

Yes, the "we did not authorize" speech with the phone ringing.

ETA: Couldn't care less if it's faster, I get my material from the source anyhow.

Umm. Okay.

ETA: I like your song, "Cloud 5".

Thank you very much about my song.

I'm a little confused about the we did not authorize thing...

I have that at the introduction to the show, but it is not before big city live.

Pretty much the good clean sounding A recording of it which everyone always seems to think is Soundboard oddly enough, or the ok one from Edmonton?

The high quality track that I have has the "we did not authorize" before it, the one we have in the store doesn't as the high quality version exceeded 11mb.

The one in the store is one of the first playings of the song and I think I may have got that one off of Chad?

Pretty much the good clean sounding A recording of it which everyone always seems to think is Soundboard oddly enough, or the ok one from Edmonton?
ya sounds like the Edmonton one.

I prefer the Kool Haus version Joe and I recorded.

....burn! ;)

Joe and you have done an exceptional job. Difficult for anyone to record MG and have it sound better than what Joe has put out. And with your editing, well that makes for quite a powerful team.

I have actually upgraded my whole recording gear with hopes of achieving a better recording. Gone are the ECM-719 and MiniDisc (I still have them but won't be my primary source anymore). I purchased SoundProfessionals card misc (CMC-2) and a battery box (SPSB-1) which go into a Nomad Jukebox3. I have five shows coming up in the next two months so I hope to get some good use out of it. But when the next MG tour comes by, you better believe it will be better than my prior Edmonton shows.

I didn't say u did a bad job, honestly we had a good night and all the elements were right in place, it could happen to anyone.

there was no burn!

Also just a question, the downloads that are in the store to buy... what quality are the mp3's? 128KBPS?

Edited by 5ilent Narcotic

yes, but the hub is a homosexual

I've been thinking for awhile about a rebelhub. How logical would it be to launch a site to host rare stuff, where for a donation you get membership. The donation could go to server costs...

Is this practical/logical?

I thought I would introduce myself, I am 5ilent Narcotic one of the big wigs over at the Double Life, the hub,and the other half of why the bootlegs of 2004s tours sound so damned pretty.

First off any questions you need answered about the hub, just feel free to ask, a bigger community is nice.

Second in responce to the suggested about the rebelhub, proposing by charging people for Matthew Good related material is even worse copyright infringment than getting it for free.

Do you want to end up in Mr. Good's bad books because he came after someone I know through a friend not long ago about selling his demos and such over ebay and various websites and various other things similar.

By the way I really have to ask what this NF dollars are, and how they are achieved, what purpose they have, if they are real, and why you can "buy" things with them, I really gotta hear this one...

It's not buying copywritten material, it would be donating for a storage, isn't it?

i don't know much about it, and i don't want to be the subject of MG's blog at any time. I just have no idea what i'm doing with dc++ and stuff like that... i just want something like this, http://planetjeremy.com/music/ where we can host concerts.

yes, but the hub is a homosexual

I've been thinking for awhile about a rebelhub. How logical would it be to launch a site to host rare stuff, where for a donation you get membership. The donation could go to server costs...

Is this practical/logical?

i do the same thing for free.. but i only let people access it when i want to

But that would be too awkward, for a lot of people to get shows thru you, but if you let everyone have unrestricted access, you would get in shit for copywrite violations soon enough...

I'm thinking i might buy some webspace, and just pay the $10 a month, if it meant sharing concerts.

thanx for the jackass.mp3

I would be more than happy to help u get on the hub using DC++ if you like. I'm just thinking no one should hold back any live stuff, but Matt has made it clear that since he can't stop people trading it, just don't sell his stuff, which is all I was worried about being one elite member of the community and all ;).

But that would be too awkward, for a lot of people to get shows thru you, but if you let everyone have unrestricted access, you would get in shit for copywrite violations soon enough...

I'm thinking i might buy some webspace, and just pay the $10 a month, if it meant sharing concerts.

I'm no expert on these matters, but wouldn't torrents work just as well, if not better. As long as you could get people to seed them.