Decemberists are the best new band in a long time!! I am so glad that people finally know who they are!!

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are like pirates, but they are definitley some sort of seafaring adventurers ;)

They have a unique sound. Nice folk-ey melodies.

And you'd think that the singer would get annoying but he doesn't.

And I laughed for a good 10 seconds when I saw the "pirate" photo shoot on their website.

But maybe 10 is stretching it, probably 7.

It's important to note that no Decemberists' record is complete without at least one song that makes you embarassed to play that shit in front of your friends.

I remember brigning Her Majesty in to work and everybody thought I'd lost my fucking mind. Things were kinda cool at first, but after 'Chimbley Sweep' came on, they were never able to look at me the same ever again. ;)

They also have the seafaring feel.

Listen to maybe the Soldiering Life. I can't hep but think of the Confederate War, with it's state of the art ships turning out to be titanic's.

Yeh hehe. I've finally found another Decemberist's fan. They kind of hold their own style of music....a huge mix of folk...and alot of other stuff. Hard to explain really. I love their new album..I bought it the other day and can't stop listening too it.

Tally-ho.

I'm just a bit let down that they aren't from Canada. When I originally listened to them I thought they were from the Martimes..and when I found out they were from Portland...well. It kind of let me down a bit, sad to say.

Still great music though. I'm still addicted too it.