54 members have voted

1. 1. What is MG's worst album?

• Last of the Ghetto...
    • Underdogs
    • Beautiful Midnight
    • Audio of Being
    • Avalanche
    • WLRRR

This is more of a statement about how dumb it is that the "Matthew Good's Best Album" topic has come up AGAIN. Think of this less as his "worst" album, but instead, what is your LEAST FAVORITE MG album. Everybody has one, don't fool yourself, or try to fool us. Given the choice, which album would you do away with completely?

I realize that this is subjective, but since Matt has made it very clear that he favours some albums over others, I don't feel like quite so much of an ass.

I chose Last of the Ghetto Astronauts, which is a really good album but unlike his others there are a couple skipable tracks.

Agreed. Haven't slept in years kind of sucks. The second version on Raygun is better, but it's still lacking something.

I suspect this will bring out all the WLRR haters though.

If I had to choose, I'd say WLRRR. It's good, it really is. It's just that I really pay close attention to Matt's lyrics, and I usually like the poetry of his words and the deepness/obscureness of his meanings. WLRRR was just so... conspicuously blunt.

I voted for WLRRR, but after thinking about it for a minute, I probably should have gone with Undergods.

The good songs of Underdogs are better than the good songs off WLRRR, but there are also a few songs off Underdogs that I can't say I like very much (by MGB standards).

Least favourite.

Hard question.

I think I'm going to have to go with LotGA just because..

It was good for the time, but looking back.. Some great songs, but having been the first, it's just not as good IMO as the rest.

Audio of Being is hard for me to listen to, but its not the music so much as the memories.

Next I guess would be UnderDogs.

But there's not an album I don't listen to, and all the way through at that.

Ok, maybe some will say I'm being too liberal here, but there is not a single album I would do away with. While, sure, some are better than others, I think each one is so different and unique, and each one of them has its moment or moments of brillance. Each one is a soundtrack to a different time in my life, be it good or bad, and doing away with one of the albums would be like doing away with the memories associated with that particular album. I think because the albums are so diverse, they compliment each other nicely as a whole and represent the artist's musical growth.

I don't really have a worst, but I'd say Underdogs is my least favorite (which is still infinitely better than any and everything else out there)

Totally off topic, but: Crusader, what ever happened to B00nd. i haven;t seen him around here forever. Did he get banned or something?>

Again, like everyone else I'd have to go with LOTGA - I think the potential was there for it to be the original Beautiful Midnight, but something was lost - I just can't seem to put my finger on it. Also, IMHO, Avalanche was great up until Hunting Rabbits, and then the album goes downhill...but the first half of the album is amazing!

Ok, maybe some will say I'm being too liberal here, but there is not a single album I would do away with. While, sure, some are better than others, I think each one is so different and unique, and each one of them has its moment or moments of brillance. Each one is a soundtrack to a different time in my life, be it good or bad, and doing away with one of the albums would be like doing away with the memories associated with that particular album. I think because the albums are so diverse, they compliment each other nicely as a whole and represent the artist's musical growth.

I agree 100%!