mrs.matthew.good

Got Memories?

My first post online ever so bear with me.

The Future is X-Rated was the first MGB song that I ever heard. The summer of 2000, while waiting for a brand new duplex to be built at University, my seven best friends and I lived for free in a two bedroom house owned by the two ph*cktards who were four months late on the completion.

We lived like a family, something that at that time I had not realized I missed so much. Every day was a cookout, we had the girls from the apartments across the woods behind the house over every evening. We used the walk-in and utility closets for privacy.

We had a much music and I could remember sitting on the couch with my boys watching for hours while our hangovers faded. That was when I discovered MGB.

Every time I hear The Future is X-Rated I am brought back to the summer where the police department knew us all by name. Where I rediscovered the joy of getting drunk and singing barber shop quartet (or seven-tet) versions of crappy pop songs to get some girl's attention/temporary affection. When every time I got off work, I knew there was some reason to go home.

or

There was this one time I listened to Avalanche.... that was cool

i was never a fan of MGB. i liked some of the singles, but not much.

when avalanche came out, i had the urge to buy it on the first day it came out. i think my friend scott told me to. or the_rat_who_would_be_king did. all i know is that record blew me away. it's definitely my favorite.

I remember hearing BM when I was in elementary and falling in love.

OMG I feel so old. I remember hearing Beautiful Midnight when I had been out of high school for a couple years. Elementary school?

Yep, elementary school.

I've been a fan for a while, and I'm only 16.