MSteve

Can't Get Shot In The Back

1) To stop being an amateur that would require talent and time, and patience.. maybe skill. I don't have any of that.

2) I'm an idiot, and thought the (Demo) was on the next line for a song called Run... yeah I already said idiot.

In order to play "can't get shot in the back", you've got to be non-amateur enough to know how to tune your guitar down a half step. (Matt does this a fair bit - it's a good skill to know). This may be why you're having a hard time figuring it out.

From there, it's pretty straight forward.

Am, C, Am, G, F (the barred one, not that crappy three finger one)

Plus, theres a C, G at the "pictures of out savior" part.

The "love ain't something I remember" part

F, Am, C.

Thats a very simple rendition, plus it leaves out the little stylistic stuff that makes his playing "his", but its close enough.

Ps - I know that there is a possibility that this may be completely off, but it's damn close. If you have a different way to play it, please suggest.

Thanks. I am able to tune my guitar down a half step.. I just can't do it until I buy a battery for my tuner so I am able to re-tune my guitar afterwards ;)

Also the stylistic stuff I'm not too worried about, there's a reason he gets paid to play whereas I do not.

But I do have a question about the F chord. What do you mean by the barred one? The only one I know uses three fingers.

I bled before I even got to try to play it. I got my first guitar at a pawn shop, it had no strings on it when I bought. So I got some strings and tried to put them with no prior knowledge of how to put strings on a guitar. That resulted a lot of blood, those strings are sharp when you tighten them too much and they snap!

if you don't bleed at the start you are not doing it right.

It's amazing how similar that is to sex...

And F isn't that hard. Come on. Try wanking with your left hand a bit, the strength in your hand just skyrockets.

And now my wrist clicks whenever I move it in a circle.

Edited by ecnarf