HoboFactory

Free Heroin To Addicts

Yes, I know that, detective. (I kinda created this thread.) But a couple of people have proposed as a solution to the drug problem the legalization of all drugs.

My comment wasn't directed at you. It was more directed at those trying to turn this into a legalize drugs thread, which has already been done. You actually did have a good point when you responded to it.

But thanks for the sarcasm.

I would seriously doubt some group of kids could just walk into the clinic and ask for a recovery kit. I'm sure they'd have to fill out some forms, perhaps a blood test, etc. There's a screening process, obviously.

go have sex with someone I guess.

God, I hope you're not one of those people who think condom machines in schools promote sex.

I'm under the impression these things are handed out. You couldn't exactly do blood tests and screening and all that junk just for a stupid kit. For free heroin yes, for a kit... no.

And I'm one of those people who think condom machines don't exactly promote sex. They just happen to prevent kids from having unprotected sex on a moments notice because in the midst of...things it might pop into your head *Hey, there's a condom machine in the second floor bathroom! Screw unprotected sex!*

Oh- Yeah.

Sorry. Some people just think the idea of promoting safe sex is also the idea of promoting sex period. God forbid their kids have sex like their parents. ;)

And I still think the kits are controlled. I'm sure I can't just walk up and ask for one. I'll look into it and get back to you.

The reason why most governments don't legalize all drugs despite the argument that they can tax it and such, therefore benefitting the economy is because that's not realistically possible. People often draw parallels with tobacco being taxed; it's not possible to do this with most drugs however. Tobacco is rather difficult and expensive to be grown privately and made into cigarettes by an individual person. Therefore people just buy it at the stores and it's grown by tobacco farmers with all the resources, equipment, and so on. With marijuana, meth, heroin, crack, etc this isn't the case. These drugs can be grown, processed, made and so forth in just about any home. If you legalize weed for example, people will just grow it because it's relatively easy to do, no need for stores, taxes, and the like

What about Alcohol? From what I understand (and I may be off on this point), it's just as simple to brew your own beer as growing your own weed, yet people prefer to simply go to the bar. Why? Because it's more convenient.

My dad used to make his own beer, actually. Mind you, this was through places you'd go to that had all the equipment necessary, but you'd buy the ingredients and make it yourself, and put it into your own bottles. Like you said, more convenient to buy it at a bar.

Here's the best reason marijuana should be at least decriminalized.

Fun stat time: 47% of Canadians support full legalization. Another 27% support decriminalization. That means a total of 70% agree on decriminalization. Another 22% support permitting medicinal use beyond what is currently permitted. That leaves about 8%, at most, who support the status quo.

If this sounds stonerish I apoligize, but I sincerely believe the world would be a better place if marijuana usage was much higher.

Edited by Bizud