matrix

Scott Peterson Ruling...

Scott Peterson sentenced to death for killing his wife and unborn child. Thoughts? It's a pretty big story here in the states. I don't like the death sentence, I think he should have life in prison with no parole.

I am in favour of abolishing prisons and the death penalty.

It also sounds like the evidence here wasn't at all convincing, and certain jurors need a lecture in the definition of "reasonable doubt."

Edited by Bizud

I am in favour of abolishing prisons and the death penalty.

It also sounds like the evidence here wasn't at all convincing, and certain jurors need a lecture in the definition of "reasonable doubt."

Okay this is weird, second time today somebody has had the exact same thoughts as me, and its the same person. Very Odd. Im a justice studies major at UOIT ( university of Ontario) and we have been discussing abolishing prisons and im in favor of it to.. wow i thought i was the only radical on this board. Anyway, yeah i dont agree with the death penalty either, you'd be surprised at how many innocent people are put to death, getting involved in organizations like United Against Injustice and Justicia (i think i might have messed up that spelling)for example in the many others they have are important. These organizations help fight the wrongly convicted. This is socially responsible for anyone and everyone to help in. I recently visited a prison in Lindsey ( southern Ontario) and it was quite frightening to imagine that someone here is probably innocent and spending time in a shithole.

Lets just take all the prisioners and make them become the first colonists on Mars. It would solve 5, maybe 6 problems all at once.

that is absolutly genius. In the case of s.p. hes going to sit on death row for like 6 years before he gets executed, somewhere i heard that california has the most people on death row. Think about it how bad is the death penalty? they stick a needle in you and its over...hardly a punishment except that ur dead. bring back the electric chair

Why aren't those pro-life Terri Schiavo protesters protesting to save the life of Scott Peterson? What's the difference, Terri is subject to her wheelchair for the rest of her life whilst Scott could serve out the rest of his life in jail.

Lets just take all the prisioners and make them become the first colonists on Mars.  It would solve 5, maybe 6 problems all at once.

that is absolutly genius. In the case of s.p. hes going to sit on death row for like 6 years before he gets executed, somewhere i heard that california has the most people on death row. Think about it how bad is the death penalty? they stick a needle in you and its over...hardly a punishment except that ur dead. bring back the electric chair

Yeah, make them really suffer! That'll make the world a better place, alright! ;)

Think about it how bad is the death penalty? they stick a needle in you and its over...hardly a punishment except that ur dead. bring back the electric chair

Yeah, that's a pretty fucked up sadistic thought.

But I'm going to have to go with Salad on this. Or, throw them all on an island like in that No Escape movie with Ray Liotta, but this time, throw in some cameras, create some frustrating challenges for Doritos and Mountain Dew, hell, we can probably even get Mark Bunett behind it, and BAM! It's the next big reality show! "Prison Island" Outwit, Outlast, Outlive, Outlove?

Am I onto something or what?

Edited by pearanoid

Scott Peterson sentenced to death for killing his wife and unborn child. Thoughts? It's a pretty big story here in the states. I don't like the death sentence, I think he should have life in prison with no parole.

thats pretty much what he'll get since a ton of people who are given the death penalty sit on death row for many many years, appealing and whatnot.

im not a death-penalty type of guy but i could care less what happens to this sick fuck

I didn't really follow the trial at all, but apparently there weren't any witnesses that could easily declare that he killed Laci, a murder weapon was never found, and the evidence was all circumstantial. That doesn't sound like the requirements needed to take a man's life, much less put him in jail in the first place.

Secondly, why the hell was he charged with the murder of a fetus? It's not a person, so why does it get the same rights as one? Could someone please explain this?

And lastly, those idiot jurors, making comments like, "he should have been the one to protect baby Connor because he was the baby's daddy" need some sense knocked into them. A statement like that is just too stupid to describe.

I'm not certain the case against him as is weak as you describe it. I thought she was drowned, so there really wouldn't be a murder weapon now would there?? And there's seldom a witness that sees a murder take place. The existing evidence isn't all that weak either.

I didn't really follow the trial at all, but apparently there weren't any witnesses that could easily declare that he killed Laci, a murder weapon was never found, and the evidence was all circumstantial. That doesn't sound like the requirements needed to take a man's life, much less put him in jail in the first place.

Secondly, why the hell was he charged with the murder of a fetus? It's not a person, so why does it get the same rights as one? Could someone please explain this?

And lastly, those idiot jurors, making comments like, "he should have been the one to protect baby Connor because he was the baby's daddy" need some sense knocked into them. A statement like that is just too stupid to describe.

There's different views as to what defines a "person". Some believe it's not a person until it can survive by itself, others believe it's when the egg is fertalized. Different perspectives.

waz i mean is that i wouldn't be one to push feverishly for the death penalty on a case like this, but if it happens i couldn't care less really.

A person who doesn't care whether or not someone is executed is just as bad as someone who feverishly pushes for it.

waz i mean is that i wouldn't be one to push feverishly for the death penalty on a case like this, but if it happens i couldn't care less really.

A person who doesn't care whether or not someone is executed is just as bad as someone who feverishly pushes for it.

i am a very very bad man.

To others talking about the evidence: Shortly after Laci's death, didn't Scott bleach his hair & get caught at the border trying to flee into Mexico. gee thats not suspicious or anything.