Does anyone have the leak of this album yet? Due to events beyond my control (Paul McCartney is touring the States) I cannot afford to actually buy what may be a piece of crap album.

Yes, I am a part of the problem. Please, if you have it, let me know!

weezer - wow, loved blue and pinkerton... green kinda grew on me... but it just seems like he's lost any kind of desire to express anything genuine, lost his angst for lack of a better word - my buddy played me the new album, and it's definitely in the same vein as maladroit, with any luck someday Rivers will rediscover something that he's passionate to sing and express himself about, but for now we're stuck with this uninspiring, predictable drivel

Edited by orgasmi

Guest Bimbly

blue is a great album but to me weezer begins and ends with pinkerton. its a classic, every song is worthwhile and theres the whole "loose but tight" dynamic that i so love. as far as make believe goes (shitty name, with the only thing worse being the album title and over 70 percent of the songs on it) haunt you everyday, its such a pity, and maybe parts of the other way are the only songs i find interesting.

edited to say we are all on drugs is terrible. maybe the gimmick being they were all on drugs when writing and playing that song. but that still doesnt explain the rest barring the exceptions i listed above ^

Edited by Bimbly

Well, I finally downloaded it last night, and wow, not that great.

'Hold Me' is an older demo of Rivers' that I hoped would never see the light again, what a cheez-ball. I listened to it twice and I'm actually having trouble remebering the songs. I was hoping to hear weezer change their sound a little more.

Overall, not their worst, not their best. It's just so mediocre you want to punch it.

Guest jjazz

I love Matt Sharp as well. But Scott showed way more skill on the last record. As well, his tone and style adds a different dynamic to the band, more than Mikey Welsh ever did. It doesn't suit the old school Weezer sound, I'll agree on that.

Sometimes I wonder had Matt not left the band, would they still be making records like Blue and Pinkerton.