Agreed.

Kermit the frog is so hardcore. He was in the keep fishin' video which was about...?

It's about using frogs as bait while fishing. That's why they brought in Kermit, so they could Keep Fishin'

is it just me, or is beverly hills ridiculously bad?

no, it is not you... i had to make sure that what I was listening to was Weezer because I couldnt believe it was one of their songs!

so disappointed with this new album...

"Recaptures the naked honesty of the Blue Album and Pinkerton" my ass.

[Not that I've heard anything other than Beverly Hills, but whatever.]

yeah, you are right... "whatever"... don't agree with that review you found... I've heard the whole album and doesnt have to do AT ALL with the quality and good songs from the Blue Album and Pinkerton...

I didn't expect a Blue album, I expected something new. Have you heard the demo "Everybody Wants a Chance to Feel All Alone"? That was one of the best tunes Rivers ever wrote, in my opinion, and I am disappointed that the album doesn't share that same caliber of songwriting.

I actually like the song "Beverly Hills." I didn't at first, but once you give it a chance, you realize that there's a lot more depth to it than meets the eye. When I first heard the tune, I thought, "Oh great, another song about Hollywood and envying celebs." And when I found out they were shooting the video at the Playboy mansion, I thought Weezer had hit rock bottom. But after hearing the song a few times and watching the video, I realized the song has a great sense of irony to it. Do you think that Rivers is singing about Beverly Hills because he truly wants to live amoung the self-centred megalomaniacs that live there, or is he making a tongue in cheek comment about society's unhealthy obsession with wealth and celebrity. I'd like to believe that the latter is true, especially considering Rivers could most likely afford to live in Beverly Hills, but instead chooses to live away from that scene in real life.

Regarding the video; I think it's fantastic. While most bands that film music videos at the Playboy mansion do so to make themselves look cooler, Weezer uses it with a sense of irony. They know they don't really belong there and they know visiting the Playboy mansion will not make them look like babe-magnets. Bringing along a bunch of ordinary fans and showing some of the actual attractions (ie: the monkeys, the pool, etc) instead of showing the playboy bunnies draped over the guys was a great idea. In fact, you don't see a whole lot of the playboy bunnies; the video isn't about T&A, it's about ordinary people. One shot that proves my point is during the guitar solo when one of the bunnies is pretending to play Rivers' guitar, and the shot looks really cheesy but then they pan to Rivers' sitting on the ground with a look of almost disgust as if he was thinking "This is ridiculous." And at the beginning of the video when Pat is talking to Hugh Heffner on the phone and is dressed up in a bath robe and pretending to smoke, do you think he's paying tribute to Heffner or once again pointing out the irony of the whole situation? Both the video and the song work because Weezer is fully aware that they do not belong amoungst A-list celebrities or at the Playboy mansion. They are the everyman's band and the song Beverly Hills points out this fact very clearly.

On another note, how can you not love that cheesy guitar solo with the wah-wah pedal? Only a band like Weezer could get away that this day in age.

I actually like the song "Beverly Hills." I didn't at first, but once you give it a chance, you realize that there's a lot more depth to it than meets the eye. When I first heard the tune, I thought, "Oh great, another song about Hollywood and envying celebs." And when I found out they were shooting the video at the Playboy mansion, I thought Weezer had hit rock bottom. But after hearing the song a few times and watching the video, I realized the song has a great sense of irony to it. Do you think that Rivers is singing about Beverly Hills because he truly wants to live amoung the self-centred megalomaniacs that live there, or is he making a tongue in cheek comment about society's unhealthy obsession with wealth and celebrity. I'd like to believe that the latter is true, especially considering Rivers could most likely afford to live in Beverly Hills, but instead chooses to live away from that scene in real life.

I think you're giving Rivers too much credit. But maybe you're right. I can only pray that you're right.