russic

Removing A Feeding Tube

this whole thing is blown way out of proportion, shes been like this for years upon years and obviousl is not getting better. america needs to put its priorities in order

moreso, the american media. the public just follows the media and helps blow things out of proportion more.

here's a demonstration:

media: here you go.

citizen: whats this?

media: something you should be angry about.

citizen: man, i'm angry. i'm not even going to question the importance of what i'm getting mad about. i trust you, media.

media: thanks. try and stay angry for as long as possible about this so i don't have to do any real journalism. oh, and don't forget to regurgitate this to all of your friends too.

citizen: consider it done.

fin.

if this comes off as crazy, just uhh disregard it.

I'm bothered by the sensationalism.

totally agree with you, Pavel... it is unbelievable how sensationalist newspapers and news agencies are dealing with this very serious and important issue (not only in the USA, also in my country)

it is a question of euthanasia: either you would allow her to freely die or oblige doctors to keep on assisting them, no matter she's been in a coma for more than 15 years.

I am personally for euthanasia in cases like this, but I wouldnt ever get involved (as american politicians have done) in such an issue: it is just her family and doctors' decision, nobody else's

I think my shock is with the attention as well. For some reason i can't get the image of dubya charging off a helicopter to lend a helping hand. Like him or not, you must admit the man has been involved in the deaths of many. Why would it be that the expiration of one woman who technically hasn't "lived" for 15 years deserves a special treatment over all the other losses of life all around the world. I suppose it makes for a good photo-op.

- i also guess this thread does nothing to help the over exposure of the story does it?

Edited by russic

Yeah, but what's the point of having a life if you can't live it? Seems kind of pointless. ;)

It's not like she's taking up a life someone else could be living. What's "living" is subjective.

Anyway, the husband should be given last say, assuming the courts find him sincere in his care for her.