radio_bomb

Buy The New Queens Of The Stone Age Album

yup.

and my opinionis that Mars Volta is garbage.

long live Sparta!

you bet i'm a fan of 'wankery' (except wankery is steve vai, dream theatre, yngwie malmsteen and such. all of which i loathe. but apparently pink floyd is wankery also, because they have many similar elements to the mars volta.), you are apparently a fan of generic sameness. i am not. such opinions are expected and accepted.

OMG I LURVE SHORT SONGS BECUZ THEY RNT WANKERY

Edited by saturnine

is this gonna be like R and Songs for the Deaf where there are four or five spectacular songs and the rest mediocre at best?

i wouldn't say mediocre

i think all the songs are good on both those albums, it's just that 4 or 5 are BETTER than the others.

even the songs that are less-great are still so much better than most of the newer shit out these days, though.

When I first heard the album was coming out, I got excited because, you know, they're talented and such. Surely, after consistently making mediocre albums, they'd pull through on this one.

No. I mean, it's alright, but I'm probably never going to listen to it again.

QOTSA are definitly NOT generic rock. i dont' now why you even bothered wasting space to write that.

They've kept the same sound throughout their albums, even back with Kyuss, to make a distinctly appealing and original sound.

Theyre Kyuss cd's are worth money, and i have some of them. Just another reason to like them.

I do enjoy the Queens, but i do find i have to be in the right mood to enjoy an entire album by them. If i'm not in the right mood, i get bored.

All i've heard so far is Little Girl, and it's amazing. Is the rest of the album as good/better?

I do enjoy the Queens, but i do find i have to be in the right mood to enjoy an entire album by them. If i'm not in the right mood, i get bored.

All i've heard so far is Little Girl, and it's amazing. Is the rest of the album as good/better?

yeah id say most if not all of the album is on par with little sister. not necessarily as fast though.