The Difference

Hero's

One Headlight

Saturine can be a smart ass... ( wait.. that's not a song

just kidding tho... but they were an influential enough band to be mentioned

also why haven't the Goo Goo Dolls been mentioned..

saturnine*, FUCK PEOPLE THERE ARE TWO N'S IN THE NAME

i doubt the wallflowers have influenced many bands, and the goo goo dolls fucking suck, that's why no one mentioned them

duh

I wouldn't get into what's relavant and what's not when you and Mrs Jesus have conversations back and fourth about stuff that ahs absoulutly nothing to do with the main point

lighten up guys

actually, we are totally on topic, all the time, we just speak in code so that you don't know what we're saying

Blind Melon - One of the true versitile bands of the '90's. "Nico" is Brilliant.

The Black Crows - Amorica...Check out "Wiser Time" and "Descending."

The Watchmen - "Boneyard Tree", "All Uncovered", "Incarnate", "Stereo"

I Mother Earth - Scenery and Fish...and Dig were monumental albums.

funny that you mention the brilliance of nico seeing as it filled with b-sides and rarities and was put together after the band was defunct..

how does that take away from the fact that the songs are great??

Just because they were B-sides or previously unreleased material does not take away any of the quality, emotion or originality...

JK

well, but i don't think they suck.. i think core and purple are great albums, BUT i don't really think they (the band) are all that original or influential.. it seemed like they could never find their sound, and the one that worked best for them

sounded kind of like a weak pearl jam to me.

i honestly don't see them being remembered as some spectacular influential band. if that makes sense.

it does make sense, and i agree for the most part. i'm not that well versed in their music really. i do like some stuff though. i think they got their record deal partly because of mr. weiland's voice and its similarity to someone elses. they do have talent, but i dont see what could be so great about them.

I'll give bands like Soundgarden and Nirvana etc. their props for being influencial and popular in the 90's, even though they aren't my thing.

My personal list:

-Beastie Boys

-Metallica

-Oasis (yeah they are lame now, but everything until after Whats the Story Morning Glory was amazing)

-Red Hot Chilli Peppers

-the Tragically Hip

-Offspring (the early stuff)

-R.E.M. (fucking RULED the 90s' w/ 'Monster', 'Out of Time', 'Automatic for the People' etc.)

-Smashing Pumpkins

-Bush (corny now when you listen, but ruled the day)

-Live (corny now, but were ok back then)

-Guns n Roses

-Green Day

-Rage Against the Machine

-Beck

-Stone Temple Pilots

-Aerosmith

-Radiohead

-Dave Matthews Band

-Ozzy Osbourne (i'm sorry, i liked some of his 90's stuff)

-Hanson (just kidding)

-NIN

-U2 (most good shit was in the 80's though)

don't know if these are considered 'bands', but i'd add The Chemical Brothers and Daft Punk. And stuff like NWA, Dr Dre, and Snoop.