What bands are "emo"

I assume it means, bands that produce songs that are overly emotional and cheesy with little substance...

Is Taking back sunday, my chemical romance... emo? papa roach? does it have to be rock? does it have to be poppy?

Is Broken Social Scene Emo?

;)

Q. Why don't chicks dig Emo-kids?

A. Because they already have a pussy, they don't need another.

ha

i like one that will let me boss him around for so long

and then says "look, bitch, THIS IS HOW IT'S GONNA BE"

When I'm at work, we have two choices: Country or EZ Rock. Soft rock is better than no rock at all, I'm afraid...

Anyways, on EZ Rock a couple of weeks ago, John Tesh actually used the word 'emo' on his radio show. I think the fact that JOHN TESH knows what emo is means it's time for that word to be put out of use.

Does it really matter? People should just listen to what they like, regardless of what category it falls into

That's just emo talk for "i love emo and telling people my feelings"

bah, who needs feelings? (and i dont' mean the sexual kind)

Some Emo is good, but its like a lot of things, you cant listen to it a lot cause you'll go crazy. Funny enough, I cant get enough of MG, probably because he has talent and a lot of emo bands dont. Some have a little bit of talent, but overall i havent been insanely impressed with any emo album yet, there is not one that i love each and every song on any of their albums. Whereas with MG there are a many albums that i can listen to all the way through. Therefore Emo is halfgood.

That's just emo talk for "i love emo and telling people my feelings"

bah, who needs feelings? (and i dont' mean the sexual kind)

That's 'emo' talk for "I'm a fucking idiot"... asswipe.

I have no use for emo per se, and don't go out of my way to listen to it... though I'm sure I have albums in my collection that could be considered 'emo'

Dashboard Comfessional was supposed to "break" emo to the mainstream but I don't think it ever happened. Emo in small doses can be tollerable, but overall it's a little too much.

Taking Back Sunday, Saves The Day, All American Rejects, that kind of stuff is emo. It's pretty much pop-punk, but with more lyrics about breaking up and maybe not as mainstream. It's really a silly classification.

I read that someone also coined the term "Screamo" and applied it to Thursday. That's even stupider. Yeah, stupider.

'DC Sound' is often confused with emo.

DC Sound is an extension of punk, with more focus on human interaction than politics/crust-life and such, and started on the northern east coast of America, around 1978.

One day, someone was like Sunny Day Real Estate emotional!! Then came the term 'Emo.'

Emo is basically a poppier DC Sound, with more focus on melody, and love in all it's forms.

Thursday are about the closest thing to DC Sound that is in any way popular.

The problem is everyone has their own term. Apparently Atreyu are 'Heartcore' and My Chemical Romance are 'emo,' but these titles come from douches trying to label things.

If you follow the honest definition of emo, many bands labelled emo are really just 'alternative' lol. People give it too much thought.

Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional are emo.

Papa Roach and Thursday are basically a modern DC Sound.

Saves The Day and All American Rejects are just the pussyiest of pop-punk.

I went far too far in depth.