cturko

Constantine

I finally got around to getting out to see 'Constantine' this week. And I have to say that it has to be one of my favorite films at the moment. Mind you, I am a bit of a sucker for the twisted..heaven and hell, type movies -- movies that make you think about the bigger things. But even once I got past that, its a good movie.

Although I found it odd how Rachel Weisz always seemed to be in a black bra and a white t-shirt soaked in water. Hehe ;)

Any thoughts or comments on the movie?

Yeah...I have to agree. You kind of loose track of the story and what is going on at the end of the movie...its pretty vague, and hard to follow.

But I still don't think it detracts from the movie at all.

I didnt like it at all: it was a fake, a mixture of a modern version of "The exorcist" at the beginning (with a modern exorcist: Keanu Reeves) and when they start with the prosecutions and fights it is a very scandalous copy of the Matrix...

i really felt cheated... the only difference from the Matrix? that Keanu Reeves doesnt wear a priest dress: it's just a bit shorter!

I agree...it could of been alot worse. I still enjoyed it though. It was serious, but they werer able to expertly insert some humor...and they changed endings around a bit. I think everyone was expecting him to kiss her at the end.

"Do I need to take my clothes off?"

"Well?! Do I need to take them off?!"

"I'm thinking about it."

Haha, one of the best parts of the movie.

I liked it. Although, apparently when first approched with the movie the company (don't know which one it was) turned it down because Constintine wasn't white; he was Asian as in the actual comic book. Only when they decided to cast Keneau did the company agree to back it.

Hollywood for ya.

I liked it. Although, apparently when first approched with the movie the company (don't know which one it was) turned it down because Constintine wasn't white; he was Asian as in the actual comic book. Only when they decided to cast Keneau did the company agree to back it.

Hollywood for ya.

Um, in the comic book, Constanine is British. I'm pretty sure he wasn't Asian.

Edited by matrix

Satan: We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your soul.

Constantine: Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger... and you give me my phone call.

Satan: ........................

For the record i haven't seen this movie. I just thought i'd be uproariously clever.