guitarchick

Homosexuality

What do you think of Homosexuality?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Homosexuality?

• As long as someone of the same sex doesn't try to get into my pants, I'm okay with it. of it.I
    • Homosexuality is wrong.
    • I am gay and ashamed.
    • I am bisexual and ashamed
    • I am gay and proud of it
    • am bisexual and proud of it.
    • I don't like gay men
    • I don't like lesbians

They are much more in tune to their feminine side then straight men.

see, this is what i don't get.

if you're a man, and you like another man, why does one take on a more feminine role??? sure, it doesn't always happen, but when i've seen it, one is clearly more female than the other. is that being gay or is that people identifying with more than just the exterior?? in my life i've met a few gay men and other than the fact that they listenned to a lot of kylie minogue, they weren't flamboyant. where does the flamboyancy come from???

if you're a man, and you like another man, why does one take on a more feminine role??? sure, it doesn't always happen, but when i've seen it, one is clearly more female than the other. is that being gay or is that people identifying with more than just the exterior?? in my life i've met a few gay men and other than the fact that they listenned to a lot of kylie minogue, they weren't flamboyant. where does the flamboyancy come from???

that just leads me to think that gay men like women... i mean, if you're gonna date a dude that dresses and acts like a chick, just date a fucking chick

I think for a lot of people it's part of the lifestyle. When people started coming out to the masses, the flamboyant attitude was what got the most attention. So people that like attention and wanted to be out adopted that attitude. And now it's become part of the lifestyle for many people.

It's the same for any group. Rappers for example. Not all rappers where baggy pants, big jackets and "bling", but it's the part of the lifestyle that gets noticed if you want that kind of attention.

That's a good question, actually, I've never thought about where the feminine stuff comes from in gay men. At the same time, I've never understood why 13 year old girls have the need to tickle each other and giggle really loud on the bus. It just happens. Of all the gay guys I've known, some are more girly than others.

Oh, and then there's the whole thing that you wouldn't know people are gay without the flamboyant attitude. Anyone can be gay, but not anyone can be noticed.

I think for a lot of people it's part of the lifestyle. When people started coming out to the masses, the flamboyant attitude was what got the most attention. So people that like attention and wanted to be out adopted that attitude. And now it's become part of the lifestyle for many people.

It's the same for any group. Rappers for example. Not all rappers where baggy pants, big jackets and "bling", but it's the part of the lifestyle that gets noticed if you want that kind of attention.

are you saying it's a kind of defense mechanism?? an insecurity?? like instead of being just gay and just sexually oriented a different way, they have to draw attention to the fact that they're different and do everything opposite? i never thought of it like that. they might not even be acting feminine to BE feminine... they might just be doing it for the attention factor.

i say this because the spartans were extremely homosexual in their culture, but i have serious doubts that they talked with lisps and were overtly effeminate.

i'd like to hear some other opinions on this... i'm just trying to figure it out... i don't believe i'm 100% correct necessarily.

I'm not saying it has anything to do with defense or insecurity. It's just a way of getting attention. And a way of getting recognizable attention. That's it.

As far as being gay and not flamboyant, I think most gay men are exactly that way. I work in the film industry so I'm constantly around gay men and women and I really don't see the stereotypes in the work place. If your only exposure to gay people are at bars or events like the Pride Parade, then sure, everyone looks like a big huge flamer.

But as far as seeing gay people in a normal, everyday setting, I would usually never know.

And as far as the Spartans, I'm pretty sure they didn't use lisps and shit like that. I think that part of the culture is more recent. I'm not sure of it's origins, but I'm thinking it's within the last 100 years or less. But if anyone actually knows, please jump in.

And as far as the Spartans, I'm pretty sure they didn't use lisps and shit like that. I think that part of the culture is more recent. I'm not sure of it's origins, but I'm thinking it's within the last 100 years or less. But if anyone actually knows, please jump in.

people 'use' lisps?

And as far as the Spartans, I'm pretty sure they didn't use lisps and shit like that.  I think that part of the culture is more recent.  I'm not sure of it's origins, but I'm thinking it's within the last 100 years or less.  But if anyone actually knows, please jump in.

people 'use' lisps?

Sure. Or exagerate a lisp, is that a better word for you?

Every person who speaks with a lisp doesn't necessarily have a speech problem, it can be part of the lifestyle.

But thanks for clearing up the least important part of my post. I'm pretty sure that confused everyone. ;)