Moonlight_Graham

Simply Shunned - Why Does Mg Boycott The Junos?

I believe one of his explainations, was having a room full of musicians, and somehow saying that one was better than the next, when it's really impossible to say, music is subjective and all that junk. Plus the junos (and award shows in general) suck.

They won best band and best album(possibly best rock, not sure if it was overall best) for BM. Matt was not there but as he put it "It is best band, isn't having 3 out of 4 of the band there good enough?"

Edited by Daedalus

oh, ok. they must have been nominated for a bunch then. i seem to remember the number ten for some reason...

they had something like 11 muchmusic awards in one year.

I'm pretty sure he also doesn't go for the same reason many other Canadian artists don't, that being that you're not going to win a thing until it looks like you're about to "break" into the American market. Stompin' Tom didn't start winning until he started getting a fan base in the states. He realized that and returned all his junos.