timotheory

Star Wars - Episode 3 - Revenge Of The Sith

i read the alleged script.. and its looking kinda blah. its really weak in some areas, just leaving no explanation as to why someone does something..(trying not to spoil).

apparantly theres going to be 2 tv shows of star wars aswell. a 30 minute cartoon, and an hour long series.

being that I'm the big brother I get the honour of driving him to the show on opening night.

What a good big brother. ;)

Does anyone else think it's weird that it comes out on a Thursday?

As for the movie, I'll probably a day or so after it opens...Want to see it, but not so much as to camp out for tickets.

Kevin Smith Reviews "Revenge of the Sith"

http://www.newsaskew.com/blog/?m=20050425

You definately have to check this review out. On the bottom of the article there are lots of great spoilers about key scenes in the movie.

spoiler alert: status red

“Revenge of the Sith” is, quite simply, fucking awesome. This is the “Star Wars” prequel the haters have been bitching for since “Menace” came out, and if they don’t cop to that when they finally see it, they’re lying. As dark as “Empire” was, this movie goes a thousand times darker - from the triggering of Order 66 (which has all the Shock Troopers turning on the Jedi Knights they’ve been fighting beside throughout the Clone Wars and gunning them down), to the jaw-dropping Anakin/Obi Wan fight on Mustafar (where - after cutting his legs and arm off, Ben leaves Skywalker burning alive on the shores of a lava river, with Anakin spitting venomous sentiments at his departing mentor), this flick is so satisfyingly tragic, you’ll think you’re watching “Othello” or “Hamlet”.

....MORE....

Edited by Gob

I also got my ticket yesterday.

Let me say that I have been waiting for this moment for about ten years (I know, not that long compared to most die hard fans, but only being sixteen, that is the majority of my life.) I think I might even cry while watching it. It's going to be incredible.

I wanted to go to the midnight show, but I have to get up to go to class at 6 the next morning. And I know that if I see it at midnight, then I'll be home at like 3 and won't be able to sleep (if I'm really lucky) until 5, ergo, not being able to get up and go to class at 6.

Yeah yeah bithces. we gon rock dis joint

StarWars.jpg

Teehee, i have a youth ticket. i paid $7.50!!

Hopefully they don't question me at the door, lol.

I wish I still worked at the theater. Therefore, I could screen it the night before, and then while all the bitches are waiting in line, run around and tell them what happened. Ha.

If it's anywhere close to Empire, I'll be satisfied.

edit:

"Will be remembered as one of the greatest movies ever made. 'Classic' isn't kind enough a word for this gem. The best film to be unleashed onto the public in 25 years!"

-- Alex Sandell, JUICY CEREBELLUM

But, seriously. Is this guy kidding? The best film in the past 25 years? It sounds like it will be good, and much better than Episode 1 and 2, but the best film in the 25 years? Come on.

Edited by matrix