J-Money

Apparitions

Apparitions is one of my favorite Matt Good songs. My interpretaion of the song is that Matthew is using a TV as a metaphor for the way people are controlled. Does any one have their own theory on the song? Just curios.

Please don't hate me, but i'd have to say that Apparitions is my least favorite MG song. i do like it, cause i love all his songs,but that's at the bottom of my list. well i feel better now that i've gotten that off my chest. just please don't hold it against me!!! cheers.

Please don't hate me, but i'd have to say that Apparitions is my least favorite MG song. i do like it, cause i love all his songs,but that's at the bottom of my list. well i feel better now that i've gotten that off my chest. just please don't hold it against me!!! cheers.

I guess you haven't heard Coming Out in Purple then.

I guess you haven't heard Coming Out in Purple then.

i like that song

;)

I don't think we'd find an accurate explanation to the song. Persuasion is about as close as you can get, and thats still extremely vague. Every line is a metaphor, it'd take countless hours to figure out what each line really meant and solve it from there. Thats what I like about his songs, they're just too hard to solve.

to me it's like he's saying we aitn real. we're apparitions, the machine which is ourselves, which in turn is an apparition, non-thinking, non-living, controls us and we just go along as we are never trying to change anything or make anything better.

we answer to the corporation, the big cheese, "society" which is built of us, and run by bastards. Money talks, if ya don't have it, u can still be happy. I think the video helps a lot too. cool guy, good job, big money, gets fired, life is finished. gets a hooker, commits suicide. The corporation, the machine - controlled him and it killed him. Matt on the other hand is a janitor and has a great time of it, as too does the security guard. not superstar high class positons, but they're REAL.

like was pointe dout there is SO much to break down in this song that it actually would take an essay. What i like about Matt songs though is that you can take ur own meaning, and you can be afected totally uniquely. there is no 1 single CORRECT interpretation, coz music is individual, to the creator and the listener.

things to look at tho...

rat in ur brain turns a wheel.

rat in ur brain rules the world, from the comfort of you living room.

stuck inside our own machine.

what would you say if we lived on tv.

tis a great tune.