sean_carver

What Mg Song/lyrics Really Get To You?

for me it would have to be "So Long Mrs. Smith". everytime i hear it, i swear my heart drops down into my guts. it really lets you know that slowly your youth is fading...and lets face it, our happiness is at it's peak in our youth, from there, it's all downhill.

each line in that song is like a punch in the face. it's perfect (to me anyway). tho he obviously has some personnal references in it (i.e- Edison and Wong's) but i can easily replace them with my own places.

i know pretty much all of his songs have amazing lyrics (avalanche, blue skies over badlands, radiobomb) but what ones really stand out for you guys/gals, and explain?

So Long Mrs. Smith and While We Where hunting Rabbits.

So Long Mrs Smith stands out because of the simplicity of the music and lyrics.

While We Where Hunting Rabbits is, well, it's While We Where Hunting Rabbits.

I'd have to say from 'A Long Way Down', the line...

Ever get the feeling there ain't no whole when you're not around

That's simply amazing. It gets to me because, at my old job, that's the feeling I had, was that it fell apart when I wasn't there.

Well, I'd say Born To Kill has a big impact on me. I get chills every time i hear it. The end is just so chaotic and crazy and insane and awesome. And then it just gets cut off, I don't know... it's just so genius in my mind.

There's also Apparitions. I love the verses of this song. They're just so... deep.

Avalanche might just be the biggest one of them all, though. I love when he sings "I'm Heir To It All." That's my favorite part of the song.

Then there's Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance - "Miiiiiles Away!" That part gets to me as well.

I have quite a few

-The Rat Who Would be King

-So Long Mrs. Smith i am going off to college and the song is something i totally relate to at the moment.

-Flight Recorder From Viking 7 Matt sounds very vulnerable in this song

-Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance

-The Fine Art of Falling Apart

-Omissons of the Omen espically the line "someone around the world, someone would love to have my frist world problems"

-Fearless "I've been Polite for too long why should i be anymore?" says it all

-Suburbia

-House of Smoke and Mirrors "F--- 'em if they can't take a joke" Yeah!!!

-She's Got a New Disguise at one point not of me! a girl i knew

Think that's enough?

Mine are from 2 songs:

1-The fine art of falling apart. Its a really sad song to listen to if you've had a bad day. Don't do it.

2-Blue skies over badlands. Those are his best lyrics, and how it almost tells a story, through a dream and flying, then at the end states

"But you don’t need to fly to understand it

Just understand understanding"

They have a pretty big impact.

I think some of the really old stuff has the best songwriting. Stuff like

Waiting for the Great Destruction

Heather's Like Sunday

Last of the Ghetto Astronauts

South of Summer

Folk Singer

Message to God

A Better Pain

etc...

The Inescapable Us - I had a really messed up girlfriend the first time I heard it. It ended badly. Wound up listening to Audio of Being everday for 3 months.

Generation X-Wing - I relate it to myself "But I was never cool...you thought I was a cowboy"

To many to list. I relate a lot of his material to different times in my life.

I just really like the quote "down some pills, up some hope" - Everything is Automatic

Prime Time Deliverance - the whole song

I have decided I am cut off from MG music until the end of semester because it makes me too sad. Also, I'm not visiting the bored until I am done on April 27th because it gets crazy-addicting.

Peace, all. See you in 2&1/2 weeks.

"you don't need to fly to understand it... just understand understanding... just understand understanding..."

That line easily sold me on the album the first listen through, and sounds just as fresh every time I listen to it. There's just no logic that can stand in logic's place.

I have decided I am cut off from MG music until the end of semester because it makes me too sad. Also, I'm not visiting the bored until I am done on April 27th because it gets crazy-addicting.

Peace, all. See you in 2&1/2 weeks.

You suck! lol. just kidding. the day i cut myself off MG is the day i'm dead. i'll never stop. he's my heroine addiction. i can't go a day (ok, hour) without some MG. cheers.