Their lyrics have been nothing more than ordinary for a long time now.

"innocent", for example.

'She wishes she was a dancer, and that she never heard of cancer'

blah...................................

is it me or have they just been writing the same song over and over again?? like the similarities between all of the lyrical content on songs where the main message is "it'll be alright".... especially lately.

Well, i've been paying attention to their new songs for over a year now. The only one in a clip is "Wipe that smile..." and i really like it. Hopefully they'll include Talk Is Cheap in there somewhere.

(I've got all the clips and live versions of some new songs on the hub)

what's your nickname in the Hub, buddy? mine is Juanpe

Is this a joke? Delete this thread. Our Lady Peace should not even be allowed to be mentioned in the face of a Matthew Good forum. Why?

Anton, I blame this one on you.

just because matthew good doesn't approve of our lady peace (and rightfully so) doesn't mean his fans have to do the same.

Because,it's like, go talk about your local high-school basketball team in an NBA forumn. It's just embarassing. You wouldn't want to embarass us, would you?

I'm glad you all agree. Now someone lock this thread.

Maverick, you have sand in your vagina lately. Chill out.

And to Borntohula- Mike left because the rest of the band wanted to get more pop-rock. Mike liked the SM direction more. I wonder where he is now.

Because,it's like, go talk about your local high-school basketball team in an NBA forumn. It's just embarassing. You wouldn't want to embarass us, would you?

I'm glad you all agree. Now someone lock this thread.

i really dont care if anyone here gets embarrassed. i hope this one of the times when you're being sarcastic... you know, you really shouldnt have to tell people you are being sarcastic anyways. obviously you arent doing something right.

also, thanks insober, good to know.

But the credibility of the forum is being ruined by even talking about these jokers. Doesn't anybody understand this?

fuck credibility. music is subjective. no one is going to like the same things as you. no one has heard the same things you have either, so you can't expect people to agree.

Yes, music is subjective. OLP subjectively sucks and is inferior to MG, so much as it's a lack of respect to even mention them here. If you want to talk OLP, go to their forums and let the adults work here.

so you're saying we should totally abandon the whole "music in general" because we need to focus plainly on matthew good and matthew good alone?

Only talk good music. And even if that's subjective... we can't sit here talking Britney Speares, OLP and shit. And have ppl here babbling on how they like them. It's just too pathetic and embarassing.

p.s. I concur with Saturnine.

Edited by Maverick

Only talk good music. And even if that's subjective... we can't sit here talking Britney Speares, OLP and shit. And have ppl here babbling on how they like them. It's just too pathetic and embarassing.

p.s. I concur with Saturnine.

again, who is going to determine what good music is?? im no fan of OLP or britney spears for that matter, but obviously some people are buying their records. if you see a forum about a subject you don't like, move on as opposed to telling anton to remove it.

I'm just trying to save this forum from these disaster threads that make us look like a bunch of idiots. Can't you see I'm doing us all a favour. If anything, you're being unreasonable and jeopardizing this community's chance to not be a second-rate group of MG fans.

EDIT: Much better Sat.

Edited by Maverick