BaconFacedWilson

Mg Popularity

Yeah, back on topic, I can only think of one other person in my town that owns any Matt Good. And that's just because I got her into him. Though I'm sure there's more, because the local [read:Godlike] record store had 2 copies of the Avalanche Vinyl. I bought one copy and somebody else snatched the other one before I could get to it.

hey now, im not a fan of dave matthews, but i will admit he's a talented person, and i have to say i really like is voice.

but for good's popularity, i have a lot of music loving friends, but im the only one that "really" listenes to matt good, they all like his songs and stuff, but never took the time to get into any of his albums. its a shame, i don't understand why everyone i know do not have his 2 solo career cds....??? its a mystery....

Guest Prosis

Not really popular in Quebec...really unfortunate. I got to know his music because of much music not even Musique Plus (because they only play shit unfortunately)...

it's wierd, Matt can sell out 6 shows in a row, yet everyone i know either doesn't like him or hasn't heard of him. i have people tell me all the time that his fans are dedicated and crazy. (yes that describes me) and the few MG fans that i know completely fit that description. I think he's one of those "love or hate" musicians, although i can't imagine why anyone would hate his music, his voice is so amazing i get goosebumps everytime i hear him (which is like 1000 times a day) k that's all from me....well for now anyways.

cheers.

not popular in Quebec? Maybe less than BC/Ontario , but have you been to the concerts here? They're packed, sold out easily

oh yeah and ... DAve matthews has nice voice?? I know a lot of people think so, but I think he sounds like someone with their nose pinched. ;)

i agree. dave matthews is a pretty good musician, but his voice i don't like all that much. i prefer neil young's voice, if we're comparing nasility. assuming nasility is a word. nasality? hm. nasally-related tonal qualities.

i'm done.

but on a neil young rant, his voice gives the music that edgy, raw, down to earth feel. neil young writes (wrote, i guess, seeing as far as i know, that he hasn't written stuff in a while) amazing music.

anyways.

i like smashing pumpkins.

chocolate is yummy.

and there's nothing quite like ripping down a mudslide of a slope doing a pretty solid clip on a spring day and almost flying off into a ravine at the bottom.

i'm done.

edit: i also find it a bit ironic that it's said that many canadians know him for mgb. not really ironic, but sadly so in the sense that i feel avalanche was amongst his best work. mind you, all his stuff is excellent.

don't get me started on a b-side rant now...

Edited by cavalier_eternal

He seems unable to shake the 'asshole' image the media applied to him (and which he later promoted tongue-in-cheek, himself) in the late 90's. Wait, it was more than that... he actually was a jerk back then.

But yeah, nowadays, all I get from most ppl in their late teens and younger is 'mmm?' A carefully selected sampler disc usually fixes that.

Way off topic, but man, am I ever up on Neutral Milk Hotel.