BaconFacedWilson

Mg Popularity

matthew good band sold more copies of beautiful midnight than christina aguilera at one point.. around 2000, i read that at sam the record man in toronto..

basically mgb was the biggest band in Canada in 2000, then they did very little press for the audio of being because of all the fighting so aob didn't do so well and the band broke up later. Matt went solo and was really successful with avalanche but wlrrr didn't seem to get a lot of promotion, although i think it's his best album... matt's definitely not as big as he once was, but he's at his best probably.

Matt Good was huge from about 1998-2001 in Canada, and before that was one of the best indie bands before getting signed. Actually their "Last of the Ghetto Astronauts" is still the highest grossing indie record in Canadian history I believe. I believe it was Columbia and Atlantic that screwed him over and the reason he never got big in the states. They released BM with a few Underdog songs and no publicity at all. He had a small US tour which never got much attention, ever since then he became pretty bitter towards music in the states I think.

Fucking Dave Matthews, I hate him and that fat ass guy in that one video that walks around and hugs people. Who fucking does that?

holy god i wanna murder someone when that happens. if it wasnt for me (and no thanks to american radio) none of my friends would be mg fans like they are now