Maverick

Ubc

It was just a shame that people felt the need to throw shit. I mean......a wrench is just rediculous! I don't blame Matt for being pissed. I'd be. And I completely forgot he made that "educated my ass" comment. That's hilarious!

Hmm, I'll try my best to list all the songs they played. They opened with Giant, complete with cheerleader chant. The rest are in no particular order (and sorry if I give one or two wrong songs) Weapon, Poor Man's Grey, Everything is Automatic, Load Me Up, Alert Status Red, In a World Called Catastrophe, Carmelina and for the encore, they played two new songs: one upbeat rocker with lyrics like "lost...control", and a slower one which I had trouble making out the lyrics to as well. Sound quality wasn't all that good but we're dealing with Thunderbird stadium here. hard to say what the group dynamics are with Ryan and Meeghan (bad spelling) in the mix. Most of the material was played straight on, not much in matter of solos or alternative versions of songs. Great weather but of course some people pissed on Matt.

Shoes and bottle and other items galore were thrown on stage and many were aiming for the band members. Ryan took it lightly and asked if people were going to chuck shoes on stage to at least throw out a whole pair so he could score some good shoes. Matt was annoyed and told the crowd that he wasn't here to dodge shoes and almost walked off and stopped playing. Luckily he didn't which would have sucked 'cause we would have missed the new material.

there's my two cents on the show. Makes me want another Commodore show soon.

Thanx for the report, buddy ;)

and, yes, I hate it when people are just troublemakers... why do they go to concerts???? if they just wanna have fun, go to a park and shout throw things to each other and let other people who REALLY wanna enjoy a concert enjoy it... stupid assholes...

a wrench? Hey-zues, that could actually injure someone...

And a pit. Holy moly, it's an MG show. I'm not really against pits, i've been in them at Slayer shows, Bucket Truck, numerous punk bands, but cmon, i doubt MG ever top 80 bpm...

I hope a boot surfaces soon. I'm excited.

I wasnt surprised seeing a moshpit for matt good. Last year there was even one for De La Soul, which I thought was retarded. Matt Good's always had some decent moshing songs. I don't know how a wrench got in the mix, is there proof of it or was it just a rumour someone started? There was enough security, any drunk guy with a wrench would have normally been told to leave.

Matt has faster/harder songs, they are music to mosh to...not throw a wrench to. Anyone that is crying over a moshpit (as long as not ridiculously violent) should stick to John Mayer.

I was in the center of the one at ACF friday, people got trampled, stepped on, sat on and hit, which is the definition of a moshpit. If its in good taste and not intentionally hurting anyone its ok. The punching can be cut out, and throwing of metal tools too.

Aside from that, the moshpit was great.

I can see that punching obviously is something stupid to do in a moshpit, but trampling isnt anything someone does on purpose. In a moshpit, there are so many people, one person falls over and its a domino effect. I had someone faint beside me in the moshpit and fall on me, almost everyone around fell over as a process, and everyone together worked their way back up, that stuff happens in a moshpit and outdoor events. The guy who passed out was carried out by one of his friends.