calgarydave

Spring Election

Do you think/want a spring election?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think/want a spring election?

• Yes I think there will be one, and I want one
    • Yes I think there will be one, and I dont want one
    • No I dont think there will be one, but I want one
    • No I dont think there will be one, and I dont want one

This gov't simply should not exist anymore.

But i have serious doubts Harper can ever win a federal election. People seem to rather have the gov't steal their money than their civil liberties (gay marriage, abortion, war , missle defense etc).

But i'm so desperate to get rid of the Liberals that i'd vote every week in an election if i had to.

I agree w/ you guys, I'm a stonch tory supporter, but harper wouldn't be my frist choice. They should being back Manning. He was a great politican, and straight as a arrow. He'd never go corrupt, and if he found out his party was he'd be the first to blow the whistle.

Not really a fan of Manning, or conservatism in general, but the Alliance lost a lot of its populist leanings in the merger. Are they even calling for fixed election dates anymore?

That said, though I'll be voting NDP, I think a conservative minority could be a good thing.

I agree w/ you guys, I'm a stonch tory supporter, but harper wouldn't be my frist choice. They should being back Manning. He was a great politican, and straight as a arrow. He'd never go corrupt, and if he found out his party was he'd be the first to blow the whistle.

Do you think Stronach will eventually lead the Conservative party? I don't think Harper will be able to keep his job of leader if he loses another election.

I don't think that the current government will last very long once the Gomery inquiry becomes public. However, I also don't think that we need an election right away. Elections are very costly and until everything is sorted out and the public demands an election, it would be a waste to call one now.

I agree w/ you guys, I'm a stonch tory supporter, but harper wouldn't be my frist choice. They should being back Manning.  He was a great politican, and straight as a arrow. He'd never go corrupt, and if he found out his party was he'd be the first to blow the whistle.

Do you think Stronach will eventually lead the Conservative party? I don't think Harper will be able to keep his job of leader if he loses another election.

i hope so. she's really hot. And thats all that matters in a politician.

I think Belinda is the 1st politician in the history of the univervse that i've ever been attracted too.

another note: i think it was a huge mistake, looking back, at putting Harper in as 1st leader of the Conservative Party. It really made it look like an "Alliance Takeover". And i am not a super conservative-type person or loyal tory supporter. But i do think the Liberals go over the line too often towards the left, plus some of the many other borderline-corrupt policies they've put in place....so i think 4-5 years of conservatism would be good to clean up the country at bit & balance things out.

Plus there is just nobody else really to vote for. ;)

Belinda's a babe, but your average political snake.

I remember on Monday Report she wore a jersey made from two different teams from her hometown so she wouldn't offend fans from either side.

Like, get a spine bitch.

I bet she was a slut in high school.

I don't want to have an election until the final report of the Gomery Inquiry has been released, and we know all the answers to the sponsorship scandal.

Common sense, really. I'm not really a liberal supporter (I'm a Green), but I'm really not warm to Stephen Harper, considering that he would have sent our troops out to Iraq simply because the U.S. said so, thereby making Canada actually look like the whipping boy we really are.

Belinda's a babe, but your average political snake.

I remember on Monday Report she wore a jersey made from two different teams from her hometown so she wouldn't offend fans from either side.

Like, get a spine bitch.

I bet she was a slut in high school.

if she ever gets that spine, i'd fuck it.

Actually i hope she doesn't get a spine cuz it makes her more flexible in the sack without one.

BELINDA STRONACH IS THE ONLY POLITICIAN IN THE HISTORY OF CIVILIZATION THAT I WANT TO FUCK. (ok maybe Cleopatra if she was hot. was she tecnhically a politician?)

Harper can basically be summed up in one phrase: "Bend me over the table, Georgie!"

Paul Martin's an arse who claims to have not known anything concerning the illegalities of the sponsorship program. In effect, he's either incompetent for not knowing anything, or he's lieing. Neither of those are very attractive for a national leader.

Jack Layton blamed Paul Martin for being personally responsible for the deaths of homeless people in Vancouver.

It's times like these I wish the Bloc ran candidates in Manitoba (if I was old enough to vote). ;)

The finance minister? The cutting of millions in transfer payments to the provinces, to help eliminate the federal deficit (really, transfer the burden to the provinces), was largely a Paul Martin idea.

Well I'm sorry but we're past the point where we as a country can continue to be competivite in the global ecomony running a deficit.

You have Mr. Trudeau (one of the worst PM's EVER) for the huge debt we have today. (Okay not all of it, but he got the ball rolling)

I'm not looking forward to it. A friend of mine's mother works for elections Canada, and as a precautionary move, they've told her to be in Ottawa early in May to prepare 'just in case.'

I'm not a large fan of any of the big three national parties....Liberals blow a ton of cash and don't know what happened to it, PC's aren't overly Progressive, and I certainly don't agree with either their foreign or domestic policies, and after hearing horror stories of how BC was run under the NDP, I can't imagine what would happen at a national level. I voted Green in the last one, and that won't change in any future election. I consider myself more in line with their policies then any other party.

Oh and for whoever thought it would be good to have the Bloc in other provinces, I have to disagree. I just don't think that a provincial party really has the right to a national forum quite like the Bloc does. I'm all for ensuring the fine people of Quebec have a voice in national undertakings, but it's almost as ridiculous as giving the Separation Party of Alberta a national forum.

D