Matt

"crash"

yeah. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I am going to see it. I love Paul Haggis, it has a very solid(very depressing) trailer, a great cast. From the trailer, it looks like it was sht in DV, I'll have to look that up...

I just got back from seeing it. It hasn't completely sunk in yet, but it was fantastic. All of the actors were very good, which really surprised me. Haggis' writing was great, as always. And he did a good job directing too.

In a word: stunning. That was an excellent movie, very thought provoking. Paul Haggis' best work yet in my opinion. The acting was also top notch, and the cinematography was beautiful. Go see it...right now.

I watched the movie again, and I think it's just as good on the second watch... I am quite impressed by this one actually, I think for the most part the story was pretty well developed and even though it probably could have been full of loose connections, I think the way everyone was connected in one form or another kind have worked...

http://home.hiwaay.net/~warydbom/duesouth/newsflash.htm

"CRASH" COMING TO TV?

June 28, 2005 - Paul Haggis' film Crash may be heading to a television near you. The FX network and Lions Gate Television are reportedly developing a weekly series based on the movie. Paul will be the executive producer on the project. Don Cheadle is currently expected to appear in the new series and direct several episodes. Other actors from the movie (Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Brendan Fraser, and Ludacris) are reportedly in talks to reprise their roles as well. Bobby Moresco, who co-wrote the script for "Crash" with Paul, is in negotiations to write the script for the pilot episode.

The film has grossed about $50 million dollars in the United States and is scheduled to be released on video and DVD on September 6th.

I enjoyed the movie on a superficial level...but when you get down to it, the premise is absolutely ridiculous. Why are the racial stereotypes so vibrant and the contrasts so loudly obvious. This movie could have been so much more, but the pure abundance of characters means we only skim the surface of the potential story and character development. It seems like very manipulative at best...to make us feel good...that in the end, despite what we were set up to believe, good prevails.