Matt

"crash"

I enjoyed the movie on a superficial level...but when you get down to it, the premise is absolutely ridiculous. Why are the racial stereotypes so vibrant and the contrasts so loudly obvious. This movie could have been so much more, but the pure abundance of characters means we only skim the surface of the potential story and character development. It seems like very manipulative at best...to make us feel good...that in the end, despite what we were set up to believe, good prevails.

the movie had to exaggerate the problem of racial discrimination in order to send the message to the viewers that it truely is a problem.

I enjoyed the movie on a superficial level...but when you get down to it, the premise is absolutely ridiculous.  Why are the racial stereotypes so vibrant and the contrasts so loudly obvious.  This movie could have been so much more, but the pure abundance of characters means we only skim the surface of the potential story and character development.  It seems like very manipulative at best...to make us feel good...that in the end, despite what we were set up to believe, good prevails.

the movie had to exaggerate the problem of racial discrimination in order to send the message to the viewers that it truely is a problem.

I still enjoyed the film, don't get me wrong. I found it moving, and found the transitions as the film moved on quite nice and surprising (although a bit less so since most movie reviews spoiled bits).

I think the exaggerations got to me because of that Chinese woman's character. That's the one glaring point in the movie and my case for extremism.

yeah the movie was awesome.

but it did get annoying at times becuase some of the situations could have easily been avoided so simply. it was just annoying. like the car scene with the rookie cop and the 'black' for lack of a better term guy who was laughing. like he could have easily told what we was laughing about and easily avoided it etc...

i enjoyed the film a lot.

but is racism really that strong in certain parts of the United States.

Racism is horrible in Saskatoon, too, from what I have seen anyway.

It is really unfortunately that some people cannot stray away from stereoptypical and racist attitudes. It's not even just racism on a personal level that is the worst of it. It's an institutional and systemic issue as well that needs to be addressed and changed.

With that being said, 'Crash' blew me away. Such an amazing film, and I thought the acting and the issues presented were absolutely brilliant.

I liked the idea behind the whole movie and i liked the acting and everything else. But i just didn't like the fact that it was trying to be passed as reality. Of course you're going to hear comments like "Must be a chinaman driving..." or "he gyped me out of my money." But most people aren't as racist as this movie seemed to show. It was too pessimistic for my liking. And this is coming from a moderate pessimist.

But it was a good movie, and accomplished what it set out to do.

Maybe if they didn't cast Sandra as his wife because she just plan out acted him which of course makes his lack of ability even easier to point out. I thought she was amazing in the best film of the year.

Maybe if they didn't cast Sandra as his wife because she just plan out acted him which of course makes his lack of ability even easier to point out. I thought she was amazing in the best film of the year.

That's very true, her performance was awesome.