The show is going to be cancelled at the end of this season. It's almost a shame because the show used to be good, but over the last season or two (or maybe even more than that) it has grown stale. I had to laugh at the end of season seven when they tried to introduce new characters to replace Eric & Kelso. The best part was (SPOILER ALERT) that they literally killed off Charlie (one of the replacement characters) after only four episodes.

I hate that new character. I can't remember his name, the one who likes Donna...

I'd have to say that the show has definitely jumped the shark. I hate to see it go out this way when it used to be quite good. I think they should have just ended it when Eric left instead of trying to drag it out this long. They're kind of just beating a dead horse.

(P.S. Is that new guy on the show related to Seth Meyers from SNL, cuz they sure look alike.)

(deep breath)

I've been pretty disappointed with this season so far. The show could be doing just fine right now with out Kutcher and Grace but the writing has been just horrible.

The earlier seaons, and even to an extent last season, were likeable because they at least seemed plausable in the sense that you could believe and appreciate what was happening to the characters. Now it's like a teen version of a Days of Our Lives comedy.

They could have easily put some actual drama into it since we know with past seasons they've mixed the comedy and drama elements quite well (see episode where that angel dude visits Eric after he and Donna break up). Instead most of the dialog is now forced; most of the story is simply going for cheap laughs; and the characters are simply cliches of themselves without any actual depth now. Red just sits around calling people dumbasses; Hyde is somehow ok with being married to a stripper instead of Jackie; and the relationship between Randy and Donna is about as believeable as me hooking up with Scarlet Johanson.

They should have killed one of the characters this season just to make it interesting. Seriously, the episode after could have been a showcase of great acting and writing. Kurtwood Smith has a great range when pushed and same goes for Masterson and whatever Donna's real name is. Well, at least they've done some good spots in other seasons. I haven't actually seen them, with the exception of Smith, in other shows or movies.

But yeah, in short, not impressed so far.

'They should have killed one of the characters this season just to make it interesting.'

They actually did that, but it was Charlie, a fill-in character from the end of last season. He was soon replaced by Randy.

Never quite got why they can't seem to end a show with dignity in so many cases. It's like the Simpsons, where it just drags on and on, even though it stopped being funny years ago. I'm sure practically no one out there thinks the show is as good and as funny as it's ever been.