thedevilwasapoet

War Of The Worlds

is war of the worlds going to be any good  

20 members have voted

1. 1. is war of the worlds going to be any good

• yes
    • no

thoughts

War of the worlds was the first scary movie I ever saw back when I was like, 6. I'm guessing it was a 70's or early 80's version of it, and it still rings in my mind.

I've heard parts of the original broadcast and it was pretty neat.

I think the movie should be ok, but I know they're giving it the 'summer blockbuster' treatment, so it'll be pretty bland overall.

Nothing earth-shattering, but ok.

Ok honestly what the fuck, this is just as bad as spamming. Dude make some actual posts that are worthwhile reading. We have a post about War of the Worlds too smart guy. Try that search tool next time.

And yea it should be good, Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise.

Edited by british_steel

this movie is going to be the greatest thing all year. star wars was okay, but this movie is going to start scaring people on a wider level.

the final trailer is incredible, and really creepy.. especially when it shows the tripods scooping people up from the water.

this is going to be incredible! scariest shit ever.

i sincerely doubt this movie with be "scary." action- packed? yes. scary, no.

i'm boycotting this movie because i think tom cruise is a shmuck, even moreseo now that he's dating katie holmes. looks too much like something a la independance day.

this is going to be incredible! scariest shit ever.

i sincerely doubt this movie with be "scary." action- packed? yes. scary, no.

i'm boycotting this movie because i think tom cruise is a shmuck, even moreseo now that he's dating katie holmes. looks too much like something a la independance day.

independance day looked too much like a bad ripoff of war of the worlds.

we've seen what tom cruise and spielberg can do, and i think thats a pretty good indication that this will be incredible. sure its going to have the special effects that most movies as of late depend on, but im confident its going to have that same creepy feel and quality that the radio play had.