Moonlight_Graham

So An Anti-gay Marriage Guy Knocked On My Door...

it's just gross, ok, it creeps me out to think about marrying my cousin. same blood, you know. maybe if it was a step-cousin, or something like that, i wouldn't think it was such a big deal... but i just don't think it's right to marry your own blood.

People had a similar objection to blacks marrying whites.

it's just gross, ok, it creeps me out to think about marrying my cousin. same blood, you know. maybe if it was a step-cousin, or something like that, i wouldn't think it was such a big deal... but i just don't think it's right to marry your own blood.

People had a similar objection to blacks marrying whites.

well, i think if a whitey wants to marry a blacky, they should go right ahead but i am damn sure not doing it.

it isn't the same as marrying your own blood, man.

Can I explain why it's wrong? No I can't, and that's why I don't think it is.

Can I explain why it should be tolerated? Because it makes them happy and it has no effect on anyone else.

Can I explain why it's wrong? No I can't, and that's why I don't think it is.

Can I explain why it should be tolerated? Because it makes them happy and it has no effect on anyone else.

it affects offspring for the most part.. not to mention family other members.. but yeah.

"You just don't." isn't a valid reason. There's not even any constructive logic behind that answer. >:C

then how come it always worked when my mom said it?

ugh. you know it isn't right but since it can't be "explained" you just say that it's cool but really, you know it isn't. and saturnine has given you reasons why it isn't right, REAL REASONS, which you have shot down.

>:C yourself

Are you even reading this thread?

Assuming something doesn't harm someone, it's automatically "right". There's no "wrong" unless it harms someone who doesn't want to be harmed. No one is harmed with two people [brothers or not] getting married.

Saturn brought up two points. That it hurts the kids they have, and that it hurts their families who take the same ignorant "it's wrong" mentality you do.

The first point makes no sense, since not everyone who gets married has to have kids, ie. gays. As well, not letting them marry doesn't stop them from having kids if the really want to, so why stop them at all? To punish them for loving each other so much that they want to be married?

The second point didn't make sense either, since their marriage doesn't effect anyone but themselves. A bystander being offended by their union isn't effecting someone. The bystander [their families] can get to steppin' if they don't like it. Just as if they don't like me being naked in my front lawn, or playing music they don't like.

Are you even reading this thread?

Assuming something doesn't harm someone, it's automatically "right". There's no "wrong" unless it harms someone who doesn't want to be harmed. No one is harmed with two people [brothers or not] getting married.

Saturn brought up two points. That it hurts the kids they have, and that it hurts their families who take the same ignorant "it's wrong" mentality you do.

The first point makes no sense, since not everyone who gets married has to have kids, ie. gays. As well, not letting them marry doesn't stop them from having kids if the really want to, so why stop them at all? To punish them for loving each other so much that they want to be married?

The second point didn't make sense either, since their marriage doesn't effect anyone but themselves. A bystander being offended by their union isn't effecting someone. The bystander [their families] can get to steppin' if they don't like it. Just as if they don't like me being naked in my front lawn, or playing music they don't like.

yes, i'm reading the thread, you ass.

and i don't appreciate being called ignorant because i don't agree with you.

I don't consider people who disagree with me ignorant. I consider people ignorant if the sum of their argument amounts to, "Eww."

look, i TOLD you that i could not explain WHY i thought it was wrong. and uh, you agreed with the eww.

asehf;klsad fuck you. die.

i like your wallet, by the way.

JM's arguement wasn't "eww". Yours was.

who the fuck are you?

did i say that was his argument?

i said he AGREED WITH THE EWW MEANING HE ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS EWW BECAUSE IT IS.

he just said he didn't think it was wrong.

If you can't explain why you have an opinion, why have it? Don't you think you should either try and explain it or dump it if it doesn't make sense?

i am so frustrated right now i want to smoke.

you win, ok? this is not worth it. seriously.