juanpe

Ratzinger...

No, thats the attitude of many Christians who are surpisingly enough not all German, nor do I think they alll are Nazis. The term Nazi refers to a politcial party that was in power in Germany in the early 30's to the mid-40's.

No, thats the attitude of many Christians who are surpisingly enough not all German, nor do I think they alll are Nazis. The term Nazi refers to a politcial party that was in power in Germany in the early 30's to the mid-40's.

First of all, I didnt say that you believed they all are Nazis (you said that about me)

Secondly, nazi not only refers to the german political party (by the way, I know European History and I know what the political party called Nazi was...) but also (and I quote the dictonary entry from "Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary") used as a common noun to refer to:

2 DISAPPROVING someone who is cruel or who demands an unreasonable degree of obedience, or someone who has extreme and unreasonable beliefs about race

regardless i agree with Juanpe's opinions on this. I think that a more liberal pope would definatly improve the world. Condoms in Africa would do wonders to help slow the spred of AIDS. Im not sure, but i think that the majority of Africans are either Muslim or Roman Catholic (or indiginous religons). The point im trying to make is that there are a lot of catholic africans out there and the pope can have a tremendous effect of them.

right, Christian, this is exactly what I can't understand: apparently religion is devoted to help those people in need... there are a lot of people dying of AIDS in Africa and there is a scientifically tested method which would reduce that huge number of deaths which is the use of the condom... and the Catholic Church is totally against it (considering it almost a sin)...

typical contradiction between morality and social help

The pope isn't in a position of power or authority?

What kind of cave have you been living in?

i'd have to say ditto.

The Pope is a very powerful figure. Put him on a list of most influencial/powerful people in the world, and he's probably in the top 10.

...right underneath the Illuminati.