driftinginfluence

Help ! I Can't Seem To Get Anything Off The Mg Hub

I can perfectly connect (I'm connected there right now)

what Calgarydave says is true: make sure you have shared content and that you have avaible upload slots. If not it won't let you either connect or download anything from people in the Hub

Guest Prosis
I am registered to the hub and a log in correctly, but whenever i try to get anyone's file list, it never connects, I've been trying for weeks! Is there something I'm doing wrong? Please Help.

Thank you.

At first I got a problem because I was in active mode (or passive mode whatever comes by default)

Try the other one

Do I need to have a physical router attached to my computer to access "The MG Hub". I'm on an always-on DSL/Cable network here at school. And I'm having a ton of problems connecting and getting onto 'Active Mode'.

Do I need to have a physical router attached to my computer to access "The MG Hub". I'm on an always-on DSL/Cable network here at school. And I'm having a ton of problems connecting and getting onto 'Active Mode'.

are you in Residence on something like Reznet??? Try going into passive mode. They might have crazy firewalls that you'll have to get around

are you in Residence on something like Reznet??? Try going into passive mode. They might have crazy firewalls that you'll have to get around

My friend who lives nearby suggested this was my problem:

"hey, i've been thinking about your prog. problem.. it may be that each subset of the school network uses a different router. that would explain why transfers are very fast between you and me, and slower between me and an outside person. if that's the case, you'll have no access to the router that would allow you to connect directly to another said network subset"

Which might mean I'll have to wait until I get back from college for the summer to access the hub.

Edited by zenkey

just start up a forum in here for soulseek. it's so much easier to use, it can be private, and anyone can use it without so much hassle.

all people need to do is share with those on their userlist and boom. done. just pin a thread where everyone can put their usernames and everyone can share. it works real well for dl'ing WHOLE albums.

Soulseek might work well. Basically, I want to view some of the rare video stuff. Making Of Audio of Being, Matthew Good Band MMM Bio, also some of the older MG demo-Rochester Kings-type stuff.

Im not saying it wouldn't work well, just the people on the hub created it for a reason and it wasn't to taint our private matt good stuff to share with hardcore fans over soulseek.

Uh.. alright. The MG Hub is a great idea. But once again, I can't access it.

Isn't the main point of the MG Hub for hardcore MG fans to share MG stuff with each other (particularly the hard to find stuff)? Does it matter if it's over SoulSeek?