juanpe

The Interpreter

I have not seen it, but look forward to seeing it very much. I think that Sydney Pollock is an absolute master and that Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman are just about as good as actors get. As soon as I catch up with all of my school and work stuff, I'm going to see it.

that's why I wanted to see it: I love Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn is such a great actor... but what i said before: i've asked some people who have gone and they found the movie very "weak"... i'm gonna go anyway

Personally, I haven't seen it but my sister just did. She told me that it's not an amazing movie, but definitely worth the trip to the theatre. She said it's well acted, with an interesting storyline that keeps you in suspense.

It does look rather good. I'll probably check it out this weekend.

nicole kidman makes the movie. either sean penn plays a pussy or he just can't act, i haven't figurred it out yet. the story is good at times and at others it relies way too heavily on coincidence to progress. i thought the dialoge sucked at times as well. the movie isn't horrible but it isn't amazing either.

The movie trailers hooked me for this one. The trailers made it look as though every moment was a thriller and full of suspense. I did not find this in the movie at all. It seemed as though there were moments of suspense with long unexciting parts in between. I was disappointed, as it wasn't what I expected.

wow, it really surprises me, specially that Sean Penn doesnt seem to be so good in that movie... i've always liked him a lot and thought he is a great actor (one of the greatest, in my opinion)

nicole kidman makes the movie. either sean penn plays a pussy or he just can't act, i haven't figurred it out yet. the story is good at times and at others it relies way too heavily on coincidence to progress. i thought the dialoge sucked at times as well. the movie isn't horrible but it isn't amazing either.

he must play a pussy, because he's a pretty damn good actor

I just got back from seeing it...I thought it was amazing...not so much as a thriller, but as a character piece. Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn were both fantastic. And, of course, Catherine Keener was great in her supporting roll. I thought Penn was just pitch perfect...Thriller-wise, I saw where it was going pretty quick, but I loved watching these characters. Sydney Pollack is, for me, one of the best storytellers we have.