Hi all,

the more I listen to "Hot fuss" (their first album, and specially the song "Somebody told me") and a concert I just downloaded from the Internet (Live in Melkweb, 2004), the more I like them

I LOVE THIS BAND!!! ;)

post-6-1114613053.jpg

Edited by juanpe

well, I do... when a song produces some sorta feeling inside me, when it tells me something, when at least the music has and effect on me... I like that song, and if it is a whole band which produces something on me (like this band), even more

I don't care if they are a band with overnight success, i dont care if they are gonna last long or just this album... I just care that at least 4 songs of this album have an effect on me, and that's what matters to me

Guest Bimbly

theyre a cool band who alot of hipsters probably wont give a chance to because it would defy their uptight only love what is obscure and noisy persona they have created. i say that because i had a hard time allowing myself to like them, but im not nearly as retarded as whatever i typed up there may have made me sound.

smile like you mean it. people who like mr brightside will like this song.

synths are gross but used properly they do make me feel something heavy. maybe its nostalgia for the 80s. it seems to be in full swing now.

Guest Bimbly
You're all sheep.

Slaves to the corporate promotion machine that tells you to like this band.

That.. and "Somebody told me" is the most annoying song I've ever heard and it makes me want to puke.

So yeah, sheep.

i rest my case. i actually feel in alot of ways matt good and the killers arent too far removed from each other musically. this tool would never admit it though.

You're all sheep.

That.. and "Somebody told me" is the most annoying song I've ever heard and it makes me want to puke.

So yeah, sheep.

you're an idiot

go hang yourself and film it so we can all laugh at you

You're all sheep.

So yeah, sheep.

I won't even waste my time in answering such a stupid post and reason... when people dont have any argument, they just insult the rest

Edited by juanpe

You're all sheep.

So yeah, sheep.

i rest my case. i actually feel in alot of ways matt good and the killers arent too far removed from each other musically. this tool would never admit it though.

I don't see your argument.

I'd admit it, surely, if it was true.

But Matthew Good's first real release was originally an independant release that got famous on its own merits. Also, Matthew Good afterwards proved that he could continue to deliver with Underdogs and subsequent releases.

Other bands that started without so much success have gone on to become some of the greatest successes. I'll use Radiohead as an example because I'm familiar with them. But critics continued to question whether they had what it took to really be a serious band up until the release of OK Computer, their 3rd major release.

Whereas the Killers have released all of 1 album, and have been given this world wide exposure for songs that are none-too-special, and in the case of "Somebody Told Me" downright annoying. They walk on the scene and suddenly they're all that and they're given grammys and world tours. For a band that's mediocre at best and not proven itself, they're undeserving of this treatment. Of course they're not the only band like this I have a problem with, Franz Ferdinand is equally horrid, need I also mention Jet? Not until these bands earn their stripes will I give them much of a chance, and I have to say my first impressions of both have been negative from what I've heard on the radio even before I knew who they were.

Sure, they're "fun" I guess you could argue, but so are many other bands, if I want to listen to a fun band there's plenty, I prefer The Refreshments, it's a super-saturated market. They hardly deserve their place because they're "fun". In reality they're simply manufactured pop stars that had the luck of being picked up by a major label and given the degree of promotion that you need for everyone to hear you.

There are far more deserving bands out there that have been plugging away for far longer that deserve the exposure.

I'm not telling you what to like, as you've all lambasted me for, I'm giving my opinion, and my opinion is that you're all followers of corporate propoganda, and I'm sure you truly believe they're a great band. However, if you looked around a little, which I suggest you do, there are far better bands out there whose concerts cost far less to attend because they havn't yet hit the big-time - and I dearly hope most of the bands I like do, since they've earned their stripes and deserve it for the work and material they've created.

Sure I don't like the Killers, that's not secret, but only because there's so many better bands out there. You can't release 11 tracks and expect worldwide adulation, at least I hope you can't, its sad that a band can get so much from so little when others do it so much better and so much more yet get so much less credit.

Edited by Radiohead

You're all sheep.

So yeah, sheep.

I don't see your argument.

I'd admit it, surely, if it was true.

But Matthew Good's first real release was originally an independant release that got famous on its own merits. Also, Matthew Good afterwards proved that he could continue to deliver with Underdogs and subsequent releases.

Other bands that started without so much success have gone on to become some of the greatest successes. I'll use Radiohead as an example because I'm familiar with them. But critics continued to question whether they had what it took to really be a serious band up until the release of OK Computer, their 3rd major release.

Whereas the Killers have released all of 1 album, and have been given this world wide exposure for songs that are none-too-special, and in the case of "Somebody Told Me" downright annoying. They walk on the scene and suddenly they're all that and they're given grammys and world tours. For a band that's mediocre at best and not proven itself, they're undeserving of this treatment. Of course they're not the only band like this I have a problem with, Franz Ferdinand is equally horrid, need I also mention Jet? Not until these bands earn their stripes will I give them much of a chance, and I have to say my first impressions of both have been negative from what I've heard on the radio even before I knew who they were.

Sure, they're "fun" I guess you could argue, but so are many other bands, if I want to listen to a fun band there's plenty, I prefer The Refreshments, it's a super-saturated market. They hardly deserve their place because they're "fun". In reality they're simply manufactured pop stars that had the luck of being picked up by a major label and given the degree of promotion that you need for everyone to hear you.

There are far more deserving bands out there that have been plugging away for far longer that deserve the exposure.

I'm not telling you what to like, as you've all lambasted me for, I'm giving my opinion, and my opinion is that you're all followers of corporate propoganda, and I'm sure you truly believe they're a great band. However, if you looked around a little, which I suggest you do, there are far better bands out there whose concerts cost far less to attend because they havn't yet hit the big-time - and I dearly hope most of the bands I like do, since they've earned their stripes and deserve it for the work and material they've created.

Sure I don't like the Killers, that's not secret, but only because there's so many better bands out there. You can't release 11 tracks and expect worldwide adulation, at least I hope you can't, its sad that a band can get so much from so little when others do it so much better and so much more yet get so much less credit.

Well if people like a band, it must be because they're all corporate tools, certainly not because they like the way it sounds, no way.... certainly can't be that.

oh, i know full well what the visigoths were. they were just trying ta ride my wave. they all be up in my grill, but i'm like YO BITCH and they all be like don't come out swinging we'z homes.