bought it the day it came out, listened to it 2 1/2 times so far. OPINION as someone that has almost all the halos: mixed. good in that it sounds like standard nin, and i like standard nin. but mostly dissipointed, in that he has not evolved at all in 5 years. it does not sound fresh or anything new at all. i'm sure this will be bad for his career, just like Manson's lack of anything new pretty much signalled the end of his career. i was hoping for something that would blow me away and be called a masterpiece, instead i shrug not very excited and say 'same old nin'

bought it the day it came out, listened to it 2 1/2 times so far. OPINION as someone that has almost all the halos: mixed. good in that it sounds like standard nin, and i like standard nin. but mostly dissipointed, in that he has not evolved at all in 5 years. it does not sound fresh or anything new at all. i'm sure this will be bad for his career, just like Manson's lack of anything new pretty much signalled the end of his career. i was hoping for something that would blow me away and be called a masterpiece, instead i shrug not very excited and say 'same old nin'

how can one man be so wrong? this album sounds absolutely nothing like other nin stuff. the lyrics haven't really changed, but the musical aspects and the album as a whole are a huge departure.

and manson hasn't changed? every album he's released has been vastly different from its predecessor. tell me that portrait sounds like mechanical animals and antichrist sounds like gaog.. come on, man. even his image has changed dramatically.

All I can do is echo the sentiment...

a-with-a-teeth-a.

I like the album, but it's not my favorite NIN record... I think it'll grow on me, though. And mine came with 2 extra tracks, which are pretty sweet (yay for UK versions).

manson's gimmick has been the same since the day he started. "i rebellion, i'm gonna shock you"

his last album had the lyrics about not being music and not being a band, but being 5 middle-fingers. wow...he's SOOOOO rebellious. after, what, 10 years, he's still this shocking guy "F and a C, and i got a K too, all i need is a bitch like U"

Nin's gimmick is unchanged as well. after 5 yrs, he still is giving us lines like "i'm gonna lose myself". just so unoriginal. nothing new. all sounds like left-overs from DS, or Fragile. it took 5 yrs to gestate this? i was just hoping for more.

as for new sounding music, what sounds so new? i don't hear anything i haven't heard him do before. give me an example and i'll go re-listen to it.

Guest Bimbly
can you spell what the right way instead of spelling it like you're a 12 year old that just got the internet?

that would be kewl. ;)

no worries places98373983038, mrs jesus has 2278 posts. enough said. :angry:

can you spell what the right way instead of spelling it like you're a 12 year old that just got the internet?

that would be kewl.  ;)

no worries places98373983038, mrs jesus has 2278 posts. enough said. :angry:

i have a post average of 18 posts a day, which takes about 18 minutes.. so, try harder, ok?

if i were being an ass to the guy i don't think i would have used the word "kewl" in my post. i bet he's glad he's got you to defend him, though.

Guest Bimbly
i have a post average of 18 posts a day, which takes about 18 minutes

maybe thats the problem ;)

anyway, im not serious. im just trying to make friends on the bored, you know. lets be friends.

Edited by Bimbly

mmhmm.. except your posts aren't once a minute.. so your 18 minute theory is shot to hell. wench.

not so much

it's less than that, really, if you consider those 18 posts are throughout a day.

you got nothin', so shut it.

Guest Bimbly

alright, lets break it down for fun and to get this thread going again. my favourites are as follows:

the collector

the hand that feeds

only

getting smaller

sunspots

the line begins to blur

what about everyone else? actually, these are the only songs i bother to listen to on the album.

the album shares a lyrical/conceptual focus throughout, however the music varies from song to song, so some might argue that musically it isnt as tight as the downward spiral. as much as the music reminds me of his past, i found it's also very different for a NIN record. it's hard to explain.