sockcrotch

Korean War Ii

The US has placed stealth bombers in Guam because of North Korea and their nukes.

So when N Korea will test their nukes, the US invades them. Then N Korea attacks South Korea through underground tunnel systems. Then N Korea launches missles at Japan and the US. After this, of course, Japan and South Korea enter the war and become the allies. After this, China invades Taiwan. The US has a mutual protection act with Taiwan, therefore declares war on China. At that point, China and N Korea are an allied force. And we'll have one hell of a war.

And unfortunately for Russia, they're caught in the middle with the tuff decision of picking sides either with their communist friends or joining with the US.

Where did you get this theory from? Did you make this up yourself?

It scares me.

p.s. When N.Korea launches missles at Japan and US, are they nukes or just regular missles?

bah it doesn't matter, we kicked N.Korea, China, and Soviets ass in the first war, we can do it again. And all with rubber bullets!

I don't think that it's a very likely scenario. Also it's important to keep in mind that despite China's communist past and Russia's...the two countries haven't been the best of neighbors in the last few decades. Something of a love/hate relationship.

it's more likely than you'd think... the china and N.K. thing wouldn't seem so far-fetched if you were in their position, both facing off against the U.S.

and as for the first alliance, that's preety much already how those countries plan to go about war (the countries being japan and S.K.) .... so the only REAL toss-up is russia, which is why the question remains at the end of my post

and no i didnt make this up, the theory is based on facts

if it does come true though, then we're in for a hell of a ride.... the US placing bombers in guam has already happened so who knows

I doubt China would risk war with the USA. China needs the US to buy up its exports. Hell Wal-Mart alone takes in like 12% of all Chinese exports. As a result the US is too dependent on China for its goods to war with the Chinese. If a war takes place, both sides would risk economic ruin. It cannot be like the Middle-East in which the USA can fight to control the oil, they can't somehow capture China's manufacturing capacity. China's conversion from command (communist) economy to a capitalist system has proven itself to have mixed results. A war of this sort will throw away just about every step they've made towards capitalism.

I don't think that it's a very likely scenario. Also it's important to keep in mind that despite China's communist past and Russia's...the two countries haven't been the best of neighbors in the last few decades.

Actually, even during Mao times, the two really disliked each other and often experienced border conflicts/attacks. Only such news often wasn't broadcasted to the western world because they both wanted to create an image of communist unity.

It would also be economically dangerous for Russia to take the side of the "communists" as it now has a number of strong economic ties to the west, which are doubtlessly more lucrative than relations with N. Korea and probably even China.

throughout history people have rationalized the debate as to whether or not countries will go to war but then those countries have gone to war anyway because of alternative reasons that could've proved to work out if they won said war... any reason countries go to war is pretty moronic anyway, considering the almost certain negative reprecusions

it's all about insane, illogical, unpredictable political behaviour

Ok, first off, you can't go saying that your statement is based in fact, without describing said facts.

Second, the Chinese and the Soviets really stopped liking each other somtime in the late 40's early 50's, and if I recall, the Soviet communist system has pretty much ceased to be in the last 15 years or so, so how you can go about calling the Chinese Russia's Communist friends is beyond me.

Never say never when it comes to reasons behind warfare. We might not think that China would go to war with the US because of economic issues, but when it comes down to it, all it takes is for there to be a threat. The current American Nuclear Policy essentially states that 'We can have them, but you can't' with 'We' being the US, UK, Russia, France, China, Israel etc. This kind of thinking along with the current projection of conventional force leaves many nations (ie. Iran, N. Korea, et. al.) thinking that their only deterrent to a foreseeable "Allied" offensive is to possess the Great Equalizer.

As far as N. Korea testing a weapon, I can't see how the resulting political 'fallout' would be wholly different then when India and Pakistan did the same a few years ago. Granted, given current world pressure, we're likely to see a massive global outcry, and even some sabre rattling, but I can't see anything larger then that.

Hobo, you may need to revise your thinking towards the US going to war with China. Right now it doesn't seem like a very credible idea, but if you stop to consider that China is now the second largest consumer of oil, with India close behind, the US is looking at a very real competitor in the world's oil market.

I'm gonna stop now before I get too sidetracked...

D

haha wow.. these are all very interesting opinions. For some odd reason it reminds me of the game Civilization and all the political pressure involved, and how it all just came down to nuclear war etc lol while i certainly hope that it doesnt happen a war of sorts is likely. A lot of people say that WWIII has already happened, but it was a war of economies etc.. All interesting opinions of course the solution is one that neither will agree with or actually commit to which is of course disarmament. Put it this way, there is not one human made weapon that hasnt been used, they are all tested and or used in battle, so unfortunatly the development of weapons and their use is not likely to end anytime soon. Depressing huh?

Ok, first off, you can't go saying that your statement is based in fact, without describing said facts.

Second, the Chinese and the Soviets really stopped liking each other somtime in the late 40's early 50's, and if I recall, the Soviet communist system has pretty much ceased to be in the last 15 years or so, so how you can go about calling the Chinese Russia's Communist friends is beyond me.

Never say never when it comes to reasons behind warfare. We might not think that China would go to war with the US because of economic issues, but when it comes down to it, all it takes is for there to be a threat. The current American Nuclear Policy essentially states that 'We can have them, but you can't' with 'We' being the US, UK, Russia, France, China, Israel etc. This kind of thinking along with the current projection of conventional force leaves many nations (ie. Iran, N. Korea, et. al.) thinking that their only deterrent to a foreseeable "Allied" offensive is to possess the Great Equalizer.

As far as N. Korea testing a weapon, I can't see how the resulting political 'fallout' would be wholly different then when India and Pakistan did the same a few years ago. Granted, given current world pressure, we're likely to see a massive global outcry, and even some sabre rattling, but I can't see anything larger then that.

Hobo, you may need to revise your thinking towards the US going to war with China. Right now it doesn't seem like a very credible idea, but if you stop to consider that China is now the second largest consumer of oil, with India close behind, the US is looking at a very real competitor in the world's oil market.

I'm gonna stop now before I get too sidetracked...

D

if you want facts go read the news, not history and economics textbooks (not that studying-up is bad), which by the sounds of things is all you do...

FACT: china made a bill recently for the purpose of invading taiwan

FACT: the US placed stelth bombers in guam to play big brother over N. Korea

FACT: korea has the power and willingness to test nukes

FACT: what I said about Russia was to portray the idea of the choice they'd have to make in who to side with (but you make a good point, it would seem a more logical and economically safe decision to side with the US)

FACT: china made a bill recently for the purpose of invading taiwan

If they ever tried to gain formal independance. Under the status quo, China as no plans for an invasion of Taiwan, such a premature move would be horrid for China.

...Hobo, you may need to revise your thinking towards the US going to war with China. Right now it doesn't seem like a very credible idea, but if you stop to consider that China is now the second largest consumer of oil, with India close behind, the US is looking at a very real competitor in the world's oil market.

What I said was fact.

The Chinese would have little use for oil if they didn't demand western automobiles and such and if their manufacturers weren't around only because western demands for Chinese-made goods.

Sock, how many American troops do you think are in S. Korea? Last I heard, it was in the neighborhood of 50,000. A few stealth bombers aren't going to change the balance of power. Any attack by the US after a N. Korean test would only suit to prove the point I made about the US saying "we can have them, but you aren't allowed."

Believe me, if I had more time on my hands, I'd read the news more, I just worry about where the news is coming from. Considering all that has happened with media accuracy in the last few years, I'm loath to trust any of it.

Hobo, it's simple to say they would have little use for it given reason x and reason y, but the simple fact is that those trends aren't going to reverse themselves any time soon, certainly not in time to avoid an international energy crisis. Even if China were to step back, I doubt very much the Indians would, and who's to say there wouldn't be someone else stepping up to the plate? I'm not disputing your facts, don't get me wrong, I have a pretty good idea of how much trade exists between the US and China, but if you don't think it would be just one more obstacle on a serious path to war, then you're mistaken. Iraq havning no WMD's and no connection to 9/11 certainly didn't mean anything to anyone in the current administration in the prelude to the second gulf war.

D

Edited by Doc

I think the Chinese would go to war if there just wasn't so much to lose. The nation's survival practically depends on the west. China's economy is export driven, and the vast majority of these exports go to the west. Without western demand for Chinese goods, the Chinese economy crumbles, and if the economy crumbles, and then it becomes difficult to fund a war, especially a large-scale one.

On top of that, despite their numbers (which may not be a very big advantage at all with enough western opponents combined), the Chinese military is generally an out-dated and technologically inferior force when compared with the west or even Russia. Most of their planes, tanks, ships, subs, etc are hand-me-downs from the former Soviet Union, for example one of their most common anti-aircraft weapons is a radarless set of machineguns mounted on a T-34 hull, it was developed by Russia in the early days of WW2 and totally disused by the USSR by the late 1950's. Couple that with inferior training and inefficient leadership and the situation becomes far too messy to make it worth taking Taiwan over. I would imagine this would also be considered before rushing to war.