Do you like them?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like them?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sorta

i am thinking about a word. it starts with an i.

Is it Ice Cream?

The difference with Sufjan though is that he knows it's all a lark anyway. He's having fun with it. When was the last time The Mars Volta had some fun?

(My indie yuppiness is so horribly outnumbered on this board)

prithee, tell me how you know the mars volta aren't having fun or aren't aware of their snobbish ways.

so it's not the band that irks you, but the fans.. well, i loathe tool fans, yet am one myself. in this context, hate the playa, not the game.

Edited by saturnine

i'm aware of all those post-rock bands.. and they are no less pretentious than the mars volta.

I would agree with that to an extent, but the reason why the Mars Volta rattles my goat more is the legions of fans proclaiming them to be the next Jesus or something.

i never said they were the next jesus

OH AND YOU ARE A LIAR A BIG LYING LIAR YOU DID NOT GO TO SCHOOL WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM TEXAS YOU LIEEEEEEEEEEOMG.

Edited by mrs jesus

I'm actually friends with The Mars Volta. We went to high school together. Good times.

And don't get me started on Tool fans. I've had to endure them for far too long.

tool fans <> mars volta fans <> radiohead fans

ALSO, HE IS ONLY 19

Edited by saturnine

I never said you did.

But to follow up the Something Awful article (which is of course tongue-in-cheek but fun nonetheless), here's the reader response

They're really, really angry people. Even worse in person.

of course they're hostile.. when somebody picks apart something you love, nature dictates that your defenses kick in.. imagine if some douchebag came in here trashing matt good.. the fiends would be up in arms. and you see, there i go on a pre-emptive flame..

Yeah, but people need to realize that not everyone likes what everyone else likes. I have no problem with people liking The Mars Volta, I have a problem with those people telling me that if I don't like them I have no taste in music and am a horrible person.

I love the mars volta, but the people who retaliated against that guy who wrote that thing (yes I'm aware of what I just said) come across as total morons. What ever happened to having a sense of humour or respecting other people's opinions?