Boond

NF Debate Club

it seems to me that for a forum we spend a lot of time blubbering away inanely....so for once i purpose we talk about something....relevant...anywho, this thread will be where we can tackle the controversial issues...

to get things started where do folks stand on the developement of cloning technologies?

persoanlly i am for them, not to make clones of people...but for the medical applications, cloning replacement organs, regrowing lost limbs, allowing the barren to create offspring...

I totally agree with the subject of cloning organs, now, those of you who appose me, syaing "it's un-ethical, it's wrong, we cannot play God", lemme purpose something for you. Ok, one day u get married, you luv your wife with all your heart, and as a result of that luv u decide to have a child. So finally this day comes, the day you have been waiting for your whole life, the epefiney of all the luv u have felt most of your life. The baby is born, it's a boy, a tear slowly falls down yur cheak as you hold him for the first time, however, u cannot help but notice the doctors stone cold expression, u ask him "wut is ammatter?" He responds" your baby boy, he has a hole in his heart, he has 3 days to live. Now, if you where given a chance to save him, to give him a new life, would u? That my friends is wut cloneing can do for u.

Edited by MukaMan

There's always the possibility for a transplant. As far as progress in the medical field goes, in the near future we should be able to develop some form of technology to patch problems like this up. Nano technology always seems promising but as you said you could always "grow" a new heart. But you'd need something to grow it in. We need to find a humane way to do that so that means we can't grow it in a human/animal husk. That's the real problem.

If cloning can help the human race, so be it...

but we must appreciate human life and understand that we cannot play God too much. I am not able to give a real opinion at this point because i have no real experiences. Stem cell research helped save one of my friends lives and I believe that we should consider how science can save even more people from health problems.

Is it moral to do it? i dont know... but what is wrong with saving lives?

that seemed like one hell of a last thought....

alright how about a new topic...where does everyone stand on gay marriage?

personally i am for it. homosexuals are as much people as anyone else. they pay equal taxes, and are as much citizens as any straight person alive. shouldnt they too recieve the fundamental right to union? furthermore, many gay couples have more love and commitement in their relationship than straight couples. A guy and a girl get together...its very nice and all...but its the expected outcome, and is almost universally acceptable. a man and a man, or a woman and a woman is still considered wrong, and to gain a relationship both partners have to oversome social obstacles of embarassment and ridicule. for them to have a relationship at all speaks of courage and comittement...shouldnt these be rewarded. A lot of people say the only real problem they have is with the act of homosexual relations, "its unaturel" or "a misuse of ones body", but many married couples perform strange and "inappropriate" (im too liberal to consider any consensual relation between two loving persons in private as inappropriate) actions as well. Sure, religions can deny the right...thats their belief, but a government cannot deny its citizens fundamental rights

I had this debate a little while ago and my first thoughts were that marriage is only between a man and a woman. But now i have come to believe that is discrimination and that Gay marriages should be allowed in society. My beliefs could matter less in the overall scheme of things because if two homosexuals love each other enough they should be allowed to show that love through marriage. They do not choose to be who they are, it is what they feel... and i guess they should not be shunned for it.

My morals say no, but the more i think about it they are people too and that it is immoral to treat people unfairly. Therefore, let them get married.

I'm all for playing god, but I don't want to have cloned people. Growing hearts and lungs and other things is good, but again if this were to be, I wouldn't feel it exceptable for there to be a price tag on life. But hey, I live in Canada so go health care!

Lol, chips, i do believe we moved on buddy boi, lol, But yea, I'm for gay marriage, all this religion and such says "marriage is meant for a man and a women" however, is this not racial in a sense? Is it ok for someone to say that an african american and a "white" person cannot wed because they are different? They are not acceptable? No, this is not accepted in social society, so, why are we doing it to the Homo-sexuals of our time? Let them wed, let them luv, because that is wut weddings are meant for.

lol, i hate being a sheep, but yeah the war was illegal and it undermined the authority of the UN...we all knew it was a figure head before, but your not supposed to prove it...

plus why did they go to iraq?

weapons of mass distruction - not there

links to terrorism - not there

free the iraqy people - more of them are dieing now than before

oil -only reason