rabbit_hunter

Is Matt Your Favourite Musician?

Matt is by far my favorite artist.

I had a period there when White Light Rock & Roll Review let me down a little, and I went to Coldplay and then Jimmy Eat World's 'Futures' came out, and I was all about that.

Then I downloaded 'Can't Get Shot in the Back'.

Now it's all about Matt again. As it should be.

matt good is easily my favourite artist.

mgb and dead kennedys are the bands i listen to the most. but matt good dominates with 8 yrs of listening.

you like dead kennedys?

stop that, i'm trying to hate you.

anywho, um alice in chains is my #1 followed by tool

followed by matthew good and everything else doesn't matter as much

<shrug>

My first post here, and I couldn't think of a better thread for it. Matthew Good is definately my favorite artist. I only wish he was a little more known in America. A lot of people are definately missing out.

i wish i knew about matt before

he played so many times in vancouver (when it was MGB) and i didn't get the chance to see them at all

i'm glad america doesn't know about matt

less pressure for him, more matt for canada

he should be put into the canada hall of fame

mgb and dead kennedys are the bands i listen to the most. but matt good dominates with 8 yrs of listening.

you like dead kennedys?

<shrug>

Send me some Alice in Chains. i dare you.

you like dead kennedys?

<shrug>

Send me some Alice in Chains. i dare you.

ok

you like dead kennedys?

<shrug>

of corse, dead kennedys are amazing...

this is news to you? i've posted in many threads about DK, and my picture is them. haha

Guest jsunC

yEhhh matt good is definetly number one for me.. However Queen is a close 2nd.. SLOAN!,U2, Foo fighters, coldplay, jimmy eat world,staind,sublime also kick ass

i cant believe no one has said sloan.. they are definetely near the top of the LOOOOONG list of unappreciated canadian bands.

Edited by jsunC

go to hmv, asshole

Why would i buy a cd from a band that i have never heard?

If i like them, i'll gladly buy it, but i don't have the money to experiment like that.

That and Fredericton has no HMV. An older CD like that would cost around $32 with tax. That's what i paid for Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd last week.

#1- mgb

#2- pink floyd/zeppelin

#3- radiohead

the rest:

rhcp, bob dylan, nin, nirvana, alice in chains, soundgarden, ani difranco, primus.

These are my essentials. There are tons more that I love, but these are the ones I couldn't live without.

Matt Good has been the soundtrack to my life for 6 years now. I also wish I got into him earlier than that.

My first experience was "Beautiful Midnight" and it grew from there.

My first concert was Edgefest '00 in Barrie and then not until the Avalanche tour in 2003 @ Durham College in the Shwa. Then I did 3 concerts in 2004. I wish I went to more of his concerts.

He is my favorite because I love his voice, songwriting and views. He has a great sense of humour and he is not in it for the money, he's in it for the music (which is rare these days).

As long as he keeps making music, I'll keep buying and going to concerts (I just wish he'd add some more, cause I'm in Edmonton from the 13-19).

Thanks,

Dan

go to hmv, asshole

Why would i buy a cd from a band that i have never heard?

If i like them, i'll gladly buy it, but i don't have the money to experiment like that.

That and Fredericton has no HMV. An older CD like that would cost around $32 with tax. That's what i paid for Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd last week.

i guarantee you'll like them.. i think we have pretty similar tastes.. oh, and they're fucking amazing.